Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 cobalt base.
I was looking at duel kicker 12's in a box, but they look wayto large to fit.
but i don't really want to downgrade to 10's. any input?

thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
just make sure u fit ur box before u do everything.. i had to take off the weather striping thing on the trunk in order to fit mine in there..

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
or do what i had 2 do an take it in from the passenger door with the seats all the way down. They slide all the way in then u just gotta turn them inside the trunk. Also note it will b a lil tight in there so plug one side in then push into the trunk then connect the other or just keep it sideways in the trunk an connect them both as long as u have long enough cord an u watch.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
depends on the subwoofers man. some boxes need more air space so....box needy 12's may or may not fit. mine fit only because we had to cut some of the rear deck lid

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

and we DID slide it in thru the back seats folded down.

·
Say What again!
6,226 Posts
I'm going to be building my box here soon - it's rather big, since my JL's want 1.25 cubic feet of volume each :laugh:

Gonna be 16" tall (the size of the opening at the front, right behind the seats) and 12" deep...gonna take up some room, haha.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I have 2 12's in a huge box. I think mine is about 16 inches tall like MP81's will be. Anyways it slides right in via the rear seats when folded down. Worst case angle the box a bit when putting them in from there.

·
Say What again!
6,226 Posts
I have 2 12's in a huge box. I think mine is about 16 inches tall like MP81's will be. Anyways it slides right in via the rear seats when folded down. Worst case angle the box a bit when putting them in from there.
Got any pictures of your setup? I'd like to see how it fits in there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yea mine wouldnt fit through the backsesats either..

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I had to actually take my back seats out to get my box in, and its just a single 12 in a ported box

·
Registered
141 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.