Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone created a dual cai? corvettes and such habor this mean looking CAI...but has a cobalt tackled the daunting task? If so lets see some pics!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
if you want to run two waterhoses outta the manifold go for it, but as he said, there wouldnt be any room IMO...and alotta fabrication thats all for looks...

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Most people on here have gone with either a cold air intake or a short ram intake, either from Injen, K&N, or AEM. K&N is the short ram intake (stays up in the engine bay, does not go down into the fender well). AEM is a Cold Air Intake, goes down in the fender well. And Injen is a Short Ram Intake and also a Cold Air Intake, you are able to remove some of the piping that comes with it to make it into a short ram or add all of the piping for a cold air. Most of these are all around 150-200 dollars, new or used.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I've never seen a dual setup for the car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Word I know what all the cold air and short rams are...I just was curious what people have done. I have and injen on the way!:))))

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would think with dual CIA there would be an issue with pressure and junk, bc the cobalt engine isnt too beefy......

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
hey GTFO

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

hehe about that
Why bash people for speaking the truth, its not like it doesn't run through our minds when we see it lol... I hate fake people so I say whats on my mind, apparently he does too and I commend him for that.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Why bash people for speaking the truth, its not like it doesn't run through our minds when we see it lol... I hate fake people so I say whats on my mind, apparently he does too and I commend him for that.
Amen, political correctness for the weak. I have a boss who hates to hear the truth also, so he gets pissed at me about 2-3 times daily.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Let's not get too far off topic here.

I personally think the dual intake idea would be cool if it can be done.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Not enough room for one, only feasible way would be if the throttle body was mounted up top or in the center of the engine bay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not enough room for one, only feasible way would be if the throttle body was mounted up top or in the center of the engine bay.
ive officially made it my mission to prove u wrong give me 2 months to collect what i need because il do this when i get my 2.4 manifold

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Why have to wait? It still works on a 2.4 intake everything is the same mounting wise as far as I can tell. Dual intakes is stupid. Your still putting that air in the same place...and you can't technically shove more air in than anything and your not going to gain maybe more than .000001 horsepower over a single filter setup. Plus...if you do that...what are you going to do about the unmetered air coming in from the other side? Are you doing to splice the MAF and run 2 of them? Because I highly doubt that works well. Keep it simple...1 filter is enough and works just fine...your making it more difficult and it isn't worth the trouble for the gains. But...that's just me.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
So your saying if someone said your cobalt looked like a honda you wouldnt be the slightest bit offended?

·
Registered
141 Posts
So your saying if someone said your cobalt looked like a honda you wouldnt be the slightest bit offended?
being offended and not liking their opnion or 2 totaly different things

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.