Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like The Title Says, Has Anyone purchased a front bumper from gmpartsdirect, because i am looking to get rid of my LS bumper and put a SS one on the car and i was wondering if the bumpers come Primed or are they already painted to match the car?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
They come primed - ready for paint.

GMPartsDirect is a GM dealer so getting the fascia from them is no problem...they come in oversized boxes and that causes the shipping cost to be HIGH. Check GMPartsDirect's shipping costs BEFORE you buy. I found it cheaper to just buy a fascia from my local dealer -- see if your local dealer will sell it to you for "Trade". Trade runs around $200.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
better than paying a grand, i had that before when they had to replace my ls bumper, i wish i had the option to tell them to put the ss one on it.. especially since mine is orange, its gonna be $$$ Cause they don't make it anymore

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
better than paying a grand, i had that before when they had to replace my ls bumper, i wish i had the option to tell them to put the ss one on it.. especially since mine is orange, its gonna be $$$ Cause they don't make it anymore
Don't make the Cobalt...but the parts are still available. Don't forget used parts...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill talk to the dealer and see what they can do, i called them two months ago about ordering the part for the steering and they said they would call me back... ugh haven't heard a thing back...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
ill talk to the dealer and see what they can do, i called them two months ago about ordering the part for the steering and they said they would call me back... ugh haven't heard a thing back...
Usually they're pretty busy...if you don't hear from them in a couple of days -- they forgot -- you gotta call back...LoL!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trust me called em at least 8 times

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

oh well if The steering happens to go, ill put the balt through there showroom window

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

anyway thanks for the fast responses guys. ill look around and see what i can come up with

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
It seems like it..I called them and everything..Was about to order a primed bumper for 200 something but they won't ship to Hawaii :(..On the other hand I found someone on SS.NET and bought one for 300 shipped and primed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.