Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking of adding speakers in the back of my two door. Anyone done this or have ideas or ect?
I dont mean a box in the trunk i mean the panels in the rear passenger sides.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm gonna put four 6x9s in the back of mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason i want it is a cheap want to get more bass in the car with out a box or an amp hooked to the front speakers

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
The reaso i want it is a cheap wat to get more bass in the car with out a box or an amp hooked to the front speakes
it'll probably cost more to fab up the stuff for the speakers to be mounted it. and even then you'd have to wire them up to an amp because your headunit *even IF aftermarket* wouldn't have enough power to push six speakers

·
Registered
273 Posts
IF you can do fiberglass yourself you can make a custom mount and put them anywhere you can imagine. you'll have to wire them and yes use an amp. but an amp for just some speakers isnt too expensive depending what you get and where you get it. The amp I an thinking about getting for when I put 4 6x9s in my car is 160 from Crutchfield which always cost more. shop around buddy. I found the headunit I want for 500 bucks cheaper from buy.com the other day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you cut out the plastic you can mount it with the speaker hardware. it should in. u could put cardboard against the plastic the the speaker. i was thinking about splinting the the 9 by 6 speakers wires in the back and running two wires to the original one in the back and the one on the side. same for both sides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.