Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wandering if anyone races their cobalt on or off the street? And is it ever close, cause I was thinking about most of the modified cars in my town and realized I don't think my cobalt could compete with any of them.

TYPO IN TITLE

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ahaha i raced my buddy on here he has 07 LT and i beat him by like three car lengths it was really funny one of my buddies tried telling me cuz the 07's have dual cat back while the 08's do not idno but it was super funny

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I race mine on the track. I used to race on the street sometimes, but street racing is stupid.. There is a place and a time for it, and 99% of the time people don't do it at the right place or time.

But cobalts pretty much beat anything in their trim level. And all 05 and before civic SI's (stock for stock of coarse)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I race mine on the track. I used to race on the street sometimes, but street racing is stupid.. There is a place and a time for it, and 99% of the time people don't do it at the right place or time.
i agree,i raced a lot of kids from my school, i got beat by a pusstang and a mercedes, but i was supposed to race this kid in his focus hatch stick, and he died speeding and hit a pole.. i quit after that.. crazy stuff happens man,the kid was only 16

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'd honestly rather not even try, I can't imagine anything being slower? :amazed:

I'm pretty sure our old '94 Astro 4.6L V6 was quicker than this Balt from a dig.. and it had to weigh over 4500lbs- 210hp. Too bad that poor thing got clunked with 160k on it, would have been a sick sleeper :laugh:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
first of all, welcome to the forum iMsOinSaNe, cool name. im glad to see more mississippi people getting on here.

to try to answer your question i would first need to know what kind of cobalt you have? LT? SC? TC?

it also depends on what kind of cars are you thinking about racing? im sure you will do great against non turbo hondas and nissans, but if your talking about bolt on 2v mustangs and such you will have some trouble with ANY stock cobalt. maybe not so much if you drive a TC, but still. where are you racing at?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
first of all, welcome to the forum iMsOinSaNe, cool name. im glad to see more mississippi people getting on here.

to try to answer your question i would first need to know what kind of cobalt you have? LT? SC? TC?

it also depends on what kind of cars are you thinking about racing? im sure you will do great against non turbo hondas and nissans, but if your talking about bolt on 2v mustangs and such you will have some trouble with ANY stock cobalt. maybe not so much if you drive a TC, but still. where are you racing at?
Sorry first post had a few typos. I'm not racing it yet just wandering if anyone else did. Most of the stuff in my town consists of a 03 Saleen Stang (someone told me it was running 700whp, but I REALLY don't believe that) some 350z, Camaros, and Integras. Not really any civic guys down here.There is also a Gallardo running around here sometimes. Although there is eveything up in Memphis. There is a older Viper running NOS that I used to see quite frequently that I swear has like 800hp. Anyways yeah the catagory of cars I could run in my town is either really slow so not that much of a thrill to beat them, or way out of my league.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well depending on what teg it is you could probably have some decent races, same with civics. if its anything but an si you would kill it but you'll have to throw some mods on to keep up with any 96-05 si(pre 96 is slow as f*** and 06+ dont even bother). how bout v6 stangs and camaros? and this is gonna sound strange but a ford ranger is a ok race too lol(although you will beat it for sure)

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Done my share of racing, track and the illegal stuff. Usually come out the victor unless I am racing something out of my league at the strip and such. I know the car is not FAST but its definitely no slug based on its kills.

BUT, with money ANYTHING can be fast.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
ya its getiing kind of annoying... v6 accords are so under rated. they actually haul pretty good. my mom has an 08 and ive actually spun the tires at highways speed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.