Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question. I recently bought LED taillights form Anzo USA that were supposed to be plug and play, however the plug doesn't match my cobalt. I've never wired anything but there are only three wires coming from the cobalt and four wires from the light to it's plug. Here are some pics, any ideas? Thanks for the help.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
you need to plug that into the stock harness as if it were a bulb.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

and I'm thinking this might not be the correct section but oh well.

and welcome

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

you should also make yourself an intro thread here

New Member Introductions

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that did the trick, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yep. These housings are just plug and play. The stock plug screws right in like it does in the stock housing.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't screw mine in, every time I do the light won't work. I then have to un-screw it, unplug, then plug it back in and leave it in the trunk of the car. I've been driving it like that for a few days and they seem to be working fine.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my right taillight just stopped working, now the LED part won't stay in the stock plug. thinking I'm gonna try to zip tie it till I can do some troubleshooting.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure it's pushed in all the way. They have to snap in the plug.
That's the problem, i think I damaged the plug-in when I removed the old bulb, however now that it's zip tied it's working just fine, I'll get around to getting a new plug-in at some point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.