Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok yes I know I suck at photoshop but basically here's what I did. Color matched eye lids, black housing projectors, well I can't replicate a ss/tc top and bottom grill but pretend those are there thats why i painted those sections black, color matched bow tie, painted black middle bar that the front emblem is on, painted black on the sides of the middle bar, black ss front lip, and stripes to finish it off. What do you guys think? It's basically a 2010 camaro mod mixed with stripes eye lids and a black front lip. I got the idea from YLW_Revolution. BTW if some one can do a much better photo shop, let me know and I'll pm the original. I like stripes so those are indefinitely going on, so don't bother to say weather you like the stripes or not.

·
Registered
610 Posts
not a BAD idea but not necessarily a great one. i like it but to me it screams "i want to be a camero!". but thats just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not a BAD idea but not necessarily a great one. i like it but to me it screams "i want to be a camero!". but thats just my opinion.
nah just makes it look like the brother of a camaro =P

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a somewhat better photoshop:

·
Registered
610 Posts
nah just makes it look like the brother of a camaro =P
dont get me wrong i like the idea but unless you paint your halos to match the black of your grille then it will look a little off. the halos are more of a charcoal color i believe.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
276 Posts
why do i feel my project being ripped off?

·
Registered
276 Posts
i am not going to lie but it really kinda bothers me that something i have been workin on to keep my car different is going to be matched with spray paint. mine is actually being cut, one off billet black grill, new bumper brackets, and actually smoothed out to a finish. idk i am just a lil on edge right now seeing this.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
man, i think it looks good. im real partial to stripes as well

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should take it as a compliment that someone likes the look of your car and wants to do something similar. They do say that Imitation is the best form of flattery.....................

At least people aren't saying "man that Ylw_Revolution's car is so ugly that I'd never want my car to look like that"

I guess if you want to have a truly unique car you better start building a butt ugly one :bigsmile:

I build hovercrafts and put lots of pics on the internet and have had TONS of people over the years "borrow" some of my ideas, looks, etc.... That's alright with me, if I wanted to keep it all a secret I wouldn't of posted pics....

btw you cobalt looks nice....

And Chevy Cobalt 08 I think yours could look pretty nice too.
I've thought about putting some dark grey stripes on my black 09, I have a friend that has a vinyl cutter :idea:, we'll see.................

Talk to you all later

bye

·
Registered
750 Posts
Looks good but I wouldnt put the stripe over the front lip. Thats just my opinion. As for YLW_Revolution, get use to having your ideas ripped off. Everyone copies a good idea especially if you post it online. This is why a lot of members of forums will hint at what they are working on but not show anything until it is complete. I agree with zbhover that you should take it as a compliment. There are people in my town that have copied things I have done.

·
Registered
318 Posts
painting/covering the front for the blackout effect will not look good. Up close you will see the car is not shaped like that and the black colors will not likely match anyway. And at least 100 people have told you 1000 times stripes do not look good on a sedan. But I know you. You're gonna put 'em on anyway, so better put your flame suit on, buddy. ;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
ehhh like others said im not a fan of the stripes. And 3 colors ftl, black white and blue? why not do black stripes if your going to black out the other stuff. Idn 3 colors to me just looks unfinished.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It's not because I get ideas but most of the time never really follow through with it. Lol a lot of people should know that by now.
i am not going to lie but it really kinda bothers me that something i have been workin on to keep my car different is going to be matched with spray paint. mine is actually being cut, one off billet black grill, new bumper brackets, and actually smoothed out to a finish. idk i am just a lil on edge right now seeing this.
read above

painting/covering the front for the blackout effect will not look good. Up close you will see the car is not shaped like that and the black colors will not likely match anyway. And at least 100 people have told you 1000 times stripes do not look good on a sedan. But I know you. You're gonna put 'em on anyway, so better put your flame suit on, buddy. ;)
I don't care to be honest cause I like and always wanted a striped car. And I'm sad to say that I probably won't be doing his idea, Instead I've changed it to this now:

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah its badasss...i say go for it but build it up slow so you dont regret anything or make any mistakes

·
Registered
276 Posts
are you really trying to say you thought of it before me? hence the email that you sent me saying its looking good thanks for the idea? wow all respect is gone that i had for you. and i agree with what was said i should take is as a compliment, but tryin to front is and pass it off as your own and take credit. your fake.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ok yes I know I suck at photoshop but basically here's what I did. Color matched eye lids, black housing projectors, well I can't replicate a ss/tc top and bottom grill but pretend those are there thats why i painted those sections black, color matched bow tie, painted black middle bar that the front emblem is on, painted black on the sides of the middle bar, black ss front lip, and stripes to finish it off. What do you guys think? It's basically a 2010 camaro mod mixed with stripes eye lids and a black front lip. I got the idea from YLW_Revolution. BTW if some one can do a much better photo shop, let me know and I'll pm the original. I like stripes so those are indefinitely going on, so don't bother to say weather you like the stripes or not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i am just going to be taking a break from this untill the reveal... which will be last weekend in july. i will keep posted... and im glas the only thing u can take from my project is the front end. peace out girl scout

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.