Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Cobalt "trunk lid struts" normally open the lid by themselves after the lid is raised past half-open ?

I was rear-ended about a month ago. Some bumper scratches and bumper displacement. Also, the trunk lid appeared to be slightly out of alignment. After repairs, the trunk lid struts hold the lid open at any position I raise the lid to, but the struts do not, by themselves, lift the lid to a full-open position.

I thought I remembered that, before the accident, the struts sort of popped the lid fully open once I raised the lid to about half-open.

How should the struts behave ?

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
i think you're lucky it opens at any position. that way you know when its open at all times. they're "shocks", though, not struts ;) mine opens itself about halfway but i wish it was like yours because it's shut on itself sometimes because i have my hands full of crap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah. Mine open all the way by themselves past a certain point and vice versa, but I'm with Banker because I have the same problem when my hand are full.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
After half way open or little more it goes the rest of the way by itself though I dont let it, I got that dang factory ricer spoiler and though not likely I would hate for it to hit the back window, it shuts after a certain point by itself but again, I got that spoiler which equates to more weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.