Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Hid's worth it? And would you rather spend the money on Hids+ projectors or sound deadening?

I also heard form an autobody shop owner that Projector/aftermarket headlight housings are never as good as Oem in light quality.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
If you buy the right HID's they are worth it. Keep the color temp under 6000K (4300K is perfect) and they'll be much better than even the best halogen. Plus they last longer, so it ends up being cheaper in the long run than buying halogen Silverstars at 25$ per bulb.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
its definately worth it. I have 6k and I love em

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Do not buy the projectors. They suck. We sell retrofits for under 400$ on our website or you could get HIDs for your stock headlights.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i love my HID's

but if i was in your situation, id buy the dampening material cause im sure you have subs, and with the shitty rattles of the cobalt would drive me insane!

so my vote goes towards sound dampening

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been looking over the internet and on the forum and all I can see is Projectors with either angle eyes or led lights. Personally I think the Led light look cheap.

So is there any that are just projectors like this:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hell yes HID's are worth it. if you wanna see well also. and RETROFIT for god sakes!!! do sound deadening right after. C'mon WORK for that money!!!

·
Registered
931 Posts
well, i went 30K.. (deep blue) and i canno see shit... but aslong as yer not as retarted as i was when i bought them.. and u keep yer temp around 4300.. to about 8 k...itll be the best thing u ever bought for yer car... they add alot to the look of the car

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
why the f*** did you get 30k? I didn't even know they went that high

·
Registered
600 Posts
LOL, dam 30k... well i went 10k and love it and can see everything just fine lol. And went 3k for foglights, just havent installed them yet..

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
There is, the 30k is deeeeeep blue and theres a 20 or 25k thats a gay purple color..... im getting 8k soon, best light output with still having a blue color

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.