Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

SHINKS07SS and I have been talking about firefighting as we both are firefighters in Wisconsin. Just curious to see if anyone else here is a firefighter?

I am a Volunteer firefighter with my local department for just over 2 years; I have seen my fair share of automobile accidents, and house fires.

Post if you are a firefighter or have a blood-relative that is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My brother and my father are/were both volunteer firefighters. My dad was a volunteer firefighter for 10 years in the old town we lived in, and is now an honorary member. My brother has been on our town's volunteer fire department for about 5 years now, and is looking at attending the fire school in Vermillion to make a career out of it.

I have nothing but the utmost and greatest respect for anyone who take this position. You guys are completely amazing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a cousin who is going to be taking a training program at a community college so he can become one.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My Grandpa and Uncle in Ohio are both Volunteer firefighters. My uncle was actually featured on America's Most Wanted's Hometown Heroes show when they first did this. He saved a young boy from a burning building with the aid of a thermal imaging camera. He still sees this kid once a year and keeps in touch through email and stuff.

·
Registered
713 Posts
My stepdad was a volunteer FF for years in the town he and my mom live in in NY. I remember the radio thing that calls came through on always being on top of our fridge so it could be heard anywhere in the house, day or night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.