Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got arrested last night for street racing. me and a buddy found an abandoned road thats in a new neighborhood that nobody lives in yet. cop happened to be driving by and now i'm looking at possible jail time. needless to say, i probably won't be seeing my balt too much and probably wont be on here too often. good news is, i beat him. 05 honda civic that thought he was sweet cuz he's got a muffler on it. just had my B&M shift+ installed and thought i would test it out. well i did and now i'm done. to anyone that's considering doing it, DON'T. it is the worst mistake i've ever made and hope no one is as stupid as i am.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hard to believe you'll go to jail over this, yea it was dumb but shouldn't get you jail time. Just a hefty fine and threats should do...so don't do it again...LoL! Good luck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man, hate to hear that! I won't "scold" you, sounds like you learned your lesson.

I don't think you will get jail time either. Good luck!

[whisper]ohhhh...and congrats on the win ;) [/whisper]

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Man, hate to hear that! I won't "scold" you, sounds like you learned your lesson.

I don't think you will get jail time either. Good luck!

[whisper]ohhhh...and congrats on the win ;) [/whisper]
Sounds like he learned his lesson?? Did you read the second half of his original post? And "winning" was the GOOD news of all this??

I bet Mom & Dad are real proud today! Wait 'till they get their next already huge, (because of him) insurance tab and for YEARS to come, court costs/fines, possible vehicle confiscation/sale. And yes,, if the court takes your car and you are still making payments???? Yes you continue to make payments on a car you don't have anymore. Now THAT sounds like a lot of fun!! And don't forget the attorneys!! Now they have to make money. You have to feed them too. Give them a thousand or so and they may save you a couple of hundred on your fine. Now that's cost effective.... Not scolding,, just what's GOING to happen. And you don't get much of a say either.. you're just gonna be in the listen/will do mode 'till the end now.
Seeing the picture?? You are now..... part of the "system"...... enjoy!!

GTO 1

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Some states just make it automatic jail time if you get cauht... sorry to hear this n good luck

·
Banned
292 Posts
not going to preach to you, cause its pretty hypocritical of everyone to try and pass judgment on you.

everyone gets caught eventually, just a matter of when your card gets pulled.

live and learn.

·
Registered
35 Posts
not going to preach to you, cause its pretty hypocritical of everyone to try and pass judgment on you.

everyone gets caught eventually, just a matter of when your card gets pulled.

live and learn.
Well put

·
Registered
41 Posts
that SUCKS dude. definitely don't deserve jail though. i mean seriously there was no one around in an ghost neighborhood

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
That sucks man. Live and learn for sure. All states are different. When i got cought, i just had about a 400$ fine. So best of luck! I hope you learned your lesson.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
live and learn is right. Friend of mine learned hsi lesson when he was street racing in his civic. He was going for the big W when he blew a red light and t-boned some guy. Luckily the man did not sue, even though he was seriously injured. But if he did, that could of change is life drasitclly.

live and learn thats all there is to it. He doesnt do it any more, and im sure you wont. o matter how many times you tell sombody anything they wont lsiten till something happens. Its just like smokers they know its bad and eveyrone tells them to stop, but they wont until uncle joe gets throat cancer and then has conversations with you through his hole in his throat.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey guys havent been on in a while and I'm sure you can guess why. Thanks for the support those of you who gave it. It has definitely been a hard lesson learned for me but has taught me some very important things. Court date is in a week and then I will find out if the Balt stays with me or i end up in jail. Hopefully I will get a light sentence since I can assure everyone this was a very stupid decision that I will not be repeating. If the judge sees that maybe he will go easy. On another note I am hoping to join an autocross league here in hampton roads. If anyone has any information that could help please share. Thanks again for your support and hope to see you guys out on the road!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked at your location and saw you were in VA and immediately slapped my hand against my forehead (thats where I got my first and only speeding ticket on the way back to NJ from Alabama from the Rutgers Bowl game).

Best of luck is all I can say. Take it to the track next time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thats sucks. Just think that your lucky it wasn't in Cali or your Coby would be facing the crusher.
Good luck in court

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.