Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL Fall Meet?

5K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  stickx911 
#1 ·
Maybe september or later?

Sunday works well for me if we want to do that again. I just need enough notice to take it off of work. What days work for you guys?

Locations? Any ideas of where to meet? Stone mountain was nice, but we can go a little further north to try to get the TN or NC people in on it. This wont be the official thread, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling if enough people are interested.

I still have the grill from the other one, so we can do another BBQ.

#3 ·
I suggest either a few places in Peachtree City or there is always the Varsity in downtown Atlanta. I'm sure there is a bunch of other places too. Just can't think of them at the moment. LOL

#4 ·
I'm not a fan of meeting downtown as parking can be a nightmare (although sundays in the city are not usually too bad), but I'm not familiar enough with the area to say no exactly. How does parking at the V normally work out? I always thought the food was too greasy, but if that's what everyone else wants, I'm down.

#5 ·
The parking at the V is plentiful. Food isnt really any worse the Mcds or Wendys.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

There is also Summit Racing in Mcdonough. They have meets there all the time.

#14 · (Edited)
if you guys are willing to move it up to october: Georgia State Parks - Fort Mountain State Park has mini golf...lol

the swimming beach closes in september :(

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

how's that place look?

Fort Mountain State Park
181 Fort Mountain Park Rd
Chatsworth , GA 30705

we'd have to do it in october at the latest in order to be able to partake in all/most of the amenities.

Park Hours: 7AM-10PM
Notice: Gates lock at 10PM. No late access.
Office Hours: 8AM-5PM
Georgia State Parks - Fort Mountain State Park

FACILITIES:
3,712 Acres
17-Acre Lake with Swimming Beach (Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day weekend)
70 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($25-$28) - cable TV hookups, some sites close during winter
4 Walk-in Campsites ($15)
6 Platform Campsites ($15)
NEW! Primitive Horse Camping ($50)
15 Cottages ($125-$145) -- #5 and #6 are dog friendly. ($40 per dog, max 2)
7 Picnic Shelters ($40-$50)
Group Shelter (seats 80, $115, seasonal)
Pioneer Campground ($45)
Backcountry Campsites ($9/person)
Playground

ACTIVITIES:
GeoCaching
Hiking and Backpacking - 14 miles of trails
Mountain Biking - 27 miles of trails, fee
Fishing Boat, Canoe and Pedal Boat Rental (May 24 - August 31: Tuesday - Sunday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.; September - October: Saturday - Sunday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
Miniature Golf (May 24 - August 31: Tuesday - Sunday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.; September - October weather permitting: Saturday - Sunday 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.)
Horseback Riding - 25 miles of trails, horse rentals, stables
- Rules of Stable & Equestrian Trail Use
- Rules of Etiquette
I'm not sure of the car parking so to speak in terms of a cruse or photo op, so feel free to post other ideas. I'm not familiar at all with the area so I do not know what to look for.

#16 · (Edited)
well, thats my thought kinda. I've been wanting to do a camping trip, but PA is possibly too far for me and the wife. so I figured I'd try the same thing. not really trying to bash, it just sounded like a really good idea. I'm just jealous I can't find a spot near as good as yours. :)

we still may end up making the drive though if no one else here is up for it.

#20 ·
I have plans the weekedns of the 23rd and 30th. so october 16th/17th works well for me. I can do november, but a lot of that stuff at fort mountain closes in november, but there are other locations I'm sure.

That's just me though, what do you guys have set up?

#27 · (Edited)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.