Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up until last week, my auto lights worked just fine. This week, the auto-lights have the headlights always on and the dash in dim night mode no matter what the surrounding light is. I can still manually turn the lights off with the switch, which returns the dash to day brightness, but when I start the car, the headlights come on and the dash goes dim. During the day it is very hard to see the coolant temp or milage. Not a huge problem but annoying.

Anyone know where to start? Is there a way to check the light sensor on the dash? - The sensor isn't covered by anything, the windshield is clean and the brightness rheostat is adjusted all the way up.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not ignoring you just trying to figure where to start. I believe sensor goes to "BCM", let me look it up for you.

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Yes, pin 44 and 47 of P2 of the "BCM".

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Now to find the schematic.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Circled in blue is ambient light sensor, circled in red pertains to DRL

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Maybe you have a bit of corrosion in the pins, try unplugging "P2" from "BCM" and replugging. Disconnect battery first before attempting this.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, so far so good. Did as you suggested. Daytime mode is back, atleast for now. Will update if it happens again. Thanks you!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Good to hear. Hope you did it several times to make sure the contacts were good and clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.