Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Trade your car. Easiest way. There is so much electrical wise in these with the ECM, TCM, etc. that it is just not worth the time or money. Take everything off your car, put it to the side, trade your car and put everything on the new car. Tint and everything else that can't be removed obviously has to be re-done.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trade your car. Easiest way. There is so much electrical wise in these with the ECM, TCM, etc. that it is just not worth the time or money. Take everything off your car, put it to the side, trade your car and put everything on the new car. Tint and everything else that can't be removed obviously has to be re-done.
I was hoping this wasnt going to be the answer.
See, the only thing is, Ive still got about 2 more years to pay this thing off.
So I was trying to eliminate that idea...what else do you think?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stop thinking about it...not going to happen without a lotta $
x2.. it's sad but true..... shouldve special ordered.;. i told the dealer i wasnt buyin shit unless it was a 5 speed...
Lol alright man. Just making SURE that it was a definite.

that07balt, next car I get, thats exactly how I'm going to be.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meh.. They are good, especially for the price. But a true tune will help out a lot more. Plus you'll get a few more ponys out of it!
Ordering B&M shifter tonight.

I know this is going to sound dumb, but where can I get my car tuned?
and, how much is it usually?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
if you have $$$$$ then do it

Trifecta! just search for it on CSS or google it. Its about 250 but you have to have a 200$ deposit for the equipment. But you get that back
that's annoying cause i have the 2 fiddy but not the 200 :mad: lol thats the only thing holding me back now

·
Registered
610 Posts
trust me dude i've been wanting to do a tranny swap for a while and the only way i will do that is if i find a good condition tranny for cheap at a scrap yard and find someone to do it for under 1g. i doubt that will happen though.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
trust me dude i've been wanting to do a tranny swap for a while and the only way i will do that is if i find a good condition tranny for cheap at a scrap yard and find someone to do it for under 1g. i doubt that will happen though.
Alrighty.

I'm ordering the B&M shift plus tonight =]

I see you have it. Do you like it?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Alrighty.

I'm ordering the B&M shift plus tonight =]

I see you have it. Do you like it?
yeah its a nice little toy. you wont notice anything at first because your car needs to adapt to it for a little. then you'll start to get those little lurches from gear to gear. i personally already got used to them so i dont notice it anymore but when you "auto shift" you will need a neckbrace :laugh:

·
Registered
720 Posts
CC08, don't forget that you need to pay shipping as well. It winds up being over $500 including deposit. But that's really a good deal. I will be doing a Trifecta tune after I get a header/dp combo to install with my LSJ cat-back. I want a firmer shift, but I'm also looking for the extra couple hp and mainly the fuel economy. It's a lot for economy, but when you figure I spent $120 shipped for the Injen, $45 locally for the LSJ cat-back, and I'll probably wind up spending $400 for the header/dp. What's another $300? If I spend $900 and wind up getting at least 4 mpg average, then I will have my money back and then some over the life of the car. Especially with gas starting to rise again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.