Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, 2008 2.2 Ls here with about 65k. So for the last several months or so, it's felt like I've had to step on the gas more to get the car to shift down in several instances. For example, on the highway when cruising and I want to pass, I have to really stomp on it to get it to shift down (sometimes I'll just put it in 'I' for a bit, because of this). Then when I do finally get it to shift down, it seems to just want to shift up right away. I'll be accelerating onto the highway, and I'm at like 70 to 80% throttle, and it will shift up all the sudden, when it should be staying in a lower gear. It's like my transmission seems to be confused....lol. It feels like a computer thing, like it doesn't know when to shift or something, but I'm not sure. Anybody else experience this? Maybe I'm just crazy, but I've been driving this car for 5 years now, and something doesn't feel right.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I hope you get some more insight from members of the community soon, MMcGee91! Unfortunately, as a customer service representative, I don't have access to much technical information to assist with troubleshooting.

If you have warranty, recall, or dealership questions, though, I'm your gal! Let me know!

Sarah, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would bring it into a tranny shop or just ask one of there techs there usually surrounded with these questions and answers all the time hope everything works out for ya

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like you might have a bad modulator valve solenoid or low transmission fluids. Check for fluid leaks around your radiator and check tranny fluid level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.