Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea they have manay different options for example just remote start or keyless entry also, how far away do you want to be able to start you car, and then how much do you want to spend. i'm getting rdy tp buy one and have it installed for about 400 ta 450 ish.

·
Registered
85 Posts
well the thing with the remote starter kits for cobalts are that we have chips in our keys so you will need to also get a bypass for that. i recently bought a viper alarm with remote start and it was about $450 with the bypass included
im not sure on just remote starters alone tho

·
Registered
114 Posts
depends on the year, i was talking to the dealership and my keys have a + sign on them, they said that i would have to have a bypass, if you have the negative (-) then you shouldnt need one, but thats what they told me could be wrong, lol.

well the thing with the remote starter kits for cobalts are that we have chips in our keys so you will need to also get a bypass for that. i recently bought a viper alarm with remote start and it was about $450 with the bypass included
im not sure on just remote starters alone tho
which viper system did you buy, i'm kinda looking at the 5401 but idk yet, lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have the 1 way model #: 5601
i like it, it works good for me. i havent had any problems with it. I had a viper alarm on my old car and loved it. ive never had any problems with viper brand. i wouldnt get a different off name brand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.