Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gots a strange one for y'all: Do you all think the high rise wing on the SS will be fine going through the auto wash? The ones without the brushes, that is.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Yessir. My girlfriend's sir spoiler goes through fine

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sweeeet! It's getting to be too cold to do it myself. I can also get a good underbody spray with the auto.

I DEFINITELY won't use the one with brushes. It's a safe bet I'll come out of that wingless lol

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
I would rather take steel wool to my car than drive through a car wash that uses brushes lol.

but yeah the touchless car wash will be fine with the wing. I go through the touchless in the winter when I can't wash my car by hand.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I feel like the auto with brushes are fine. Constant water on them, they never touch the ground so no little rocks or anything get into them. And the mikes car wash ones make my car cleaner looking and any other car wash

The brushes at do it yourself is a different story

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
I wpuld still do my self seems more legit n cleaner then doing a car wash just due to getting into the small spots were a brush from auto cant get to it plus just pour soap on it and watering it off doesnt make it clean as u think lol need some elbow Greece

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It's not just pouring soap ad water on haha. That's why the brushes are for.

Just saying. Mikes car wash makes my car look brand new. Only problem is its a pull through with a wheel track. Have to be extremely careful getting into the track if you have nice wheels

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My parents had both cars finishes ruined by touch washes. It wasn't a cheap place either. Most DIY places have 50 cent days each week. Best bang for the buck and you can't beat how clean it gets your car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hand washing your vehicle will ALWAYS yield a better result. The touchless ones aren't too shabby. It gets the salt off and sprays down the undercarriage, that's all I'm really worried about in the winter.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I feel like the auto with brushes are fine. Constant water on them, they never touch the ground so no little rocks or anything get into them. And the mikes car wash ones make my car cleaner looking and any other car wash

The brushes at do it yourself is a different story

The Auto brushes will give your car swirls from the small debris that is on the brushes. And just because it doesn't touch the ground doesn't mean it's not dirty. take a wet washcloth and clean something thing just start swinging it in circles like a lasso, when you're done, I'm 100% positive that you will still find some stuff in there. These car washes with the brushes are the same thing.

I NEVER took my cobalt or my Evo to a brushed car was after seeing the swirl marks it leaves on your car with my talon I took through there. If you do the wash and wax yourself, you will see that it removes the swirls from your car.

So it may look clean, but to someone with a good eye for catching stuff like that will see the swirls in it. Plus a lot of auto washes don't clean the car NEARLY as good as you can, especially when you have a high rise wing because the brush sensors don't allow the brushes to clean everything. Just some FYI.

My parents had both cars finishes ruined by touch washes.

I've heard of many people having this happen to them.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
gas station i usually go to has a DIY wash i love it! wet,soap, rinse and then dry it outside my gf house

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^lol, I never bring my car to an auto wash. If I'm lazy I got to a DIY, otherwise it's in my driveway and wax almost once a month. It's more fun when you do it with someone, banker and I got together this summer and washed/waxed our cars. Finally convinced him to take the badging and ugly ass trim off too! Fun and productive!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.