Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
upon learning that everhthing i want to do to my car is an upgrade...should i go and mod even though it is automatic?

plz provide feedback

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The automatic transmission doesn't matter.. After everything is said and done you will only be slightly slower then the manual.. Its still worth modding..

·
Registered
610 Posts
The automatic transmission doesn't matter.. After everything is said and done you will only be slightly slower then the manual.. Its still worth modding..
key word is SLIGHTLY. as long as you get GOOD parts for your automatic you can beat a car with a manual transmission with less parts than you. i have an automatic and even though im not an actual racer, im definitely modding my car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Manuals - small cars, the new style racing, lighter trans esp. FWD, great for the track either 1/8-1/4 mile or Road Tracks, drifting, ... could go on and on.

Autos - eh... heavier trans, not that great for FWD, not a whole lot you can do to them, lose low end torque/HP, not many upgrades these days for FWD Autos, costly if damaged, etc etc....

Now if we go back in the day where the muscle cars were on the road, autos could be worked up to be BEASTS!!!!! My brothers 77 Camaro 327, had a 350 Turbo. Slapped a B&M Shift kit in it, B&M 3000 RPM Stall Converter, added a bigger B&M Pan, few odds and ends in the trans itself and that thing was a BEAST of a trans. Thing would jerk the car sideways hitting 2nd and 3rd gear. Had to heat the tires before racing anyone. Came off the line at 3000 rpm's , front end up in the air, rear tires smokin', .... ahhhh those were the days..........

·
Registered
673 Posts
sure why not? Just mod your tranny too so you can get a little more out of your mods. Do a trans cooler to help keep the trans happy, maybe a hi stall converter to launch harder, and if you really want to get crazy re work the valve bodies for harder shifts. Most importantly, have fun modding and who cares what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
sure why not? Just mod your tranny too so you can get a little more out of your mods. Do a trans cooler to help keep the trans happy, maybe a hi stall converter to launch harder, and if you really want to get crazy re work the valve bodies for harder shifts. Most importantly, have fun modding and who cares what anyone else thinks.
there you have it man. the most important response to this thread. "have fun modding and who cares what anyone else thinks" !!!

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I'll have to dig up some pics of our cars. We had so many camaro's... sheesh. I will find some old photo's and scan them. I have put up a pic of one of my camaros on this site once before I believe. :nuts:
awesome :nuts:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does anyone know wat the tsudo exhaust comes with and wat else i need to install it

·
Registered
610 Posts
does anyone know wat the tsudo exhaust comes with and wat else i need to install it
it has everything you need to install it. but be careful that when you hang it that the tip is not too close to the bumper or else it will melt your bumper. it also comes with a silencer i believe.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it has everything you need to install it. but be careful that when you hang it that the tip is not too close to the bumper or else it will melt your bumper. it also comes with a silencer i believe.
should i get a new header to go with it

·
Registered
78 Posts
i got an auto im gonna be doin more mods to the engineafter i get my other stuff first i just got rims yetserday now i need the tires

·
Registered
610 Posts
should i get a new header to go with it
a new header/down pipe will free up more power. you might also want to try the b&m shiftplus for your automatic.

·
Registered
298 Posts
All the mods I have done, I really like. They are in my signature line. I would be happy to try and answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a new header/down pipe will free up more power. you might also want to try the b&m shiftplus for your automatic.
wat does that do

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
id go ahead and mod an auto. its not like us 2.2 guys are going to have race cars when were done. i do it because i enjoy it, not so i can win races. not that i street race,(i get rev'ed at a lot though:laugh:) and my car has never been to the track.
enjoy your car too! :bigsmile:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.