Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I got a aftermarket remote start as it was much cheaper then the dealership one. Thats besides the point, as it works fine, but once my car starts sometimes I hear a high,low,then high sound clicking noise from the muffler other times the muffler sounds rather rough like a growl and the exhaust is stock. This only happens for about 20 seconds once the car is started after that the car is fine. If anyone knows about this please let me know thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Does it only do this noise with autostart?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sounds like the car might be having trouble finding the idle RPMs. Watch your tach the next few times you start it and see if the needle bounces a bit while its doing that.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys ill look into it tomorrow morning and see what the deal is, update you guys on the issue soon
btw acoutu, what do u mena but the needle bouncing a bit, like the rpms bouncing?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It's not clear to me in your description where you hear the noise and what kind of noise. Record it maybe...

·
Registered
985 Posts
thanks guys ill look into it tomorrow morning and see what the deal is, update you guys on the issue soon
btw acoutu, what do u mena but the needle bouncing a bit, like the rpms bouncing?
exactly
mine will sometimes almost sound like its about to stall when I start it and the needle bounces from 500-2000 a few times before leveling out.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^Sounds like you have a bad Idle air control valve (IAC)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exactly
mine will sometimes almost sound like its about to stall when I start it and the needle bounces from 500-2000 a few times before leveling out.
mine doesn't bounce like that, i seen it and the tach bounces from 1200 to maybe 1400 then back down, it won't go below 800 rpm idle

·
Registered
985 Posts
^Sounds like you have a bad Idle air control valve (IAC)
It's only when remote started caused by the virtual tach sensing of the starter (turning on heat and defrost etc). Starting it normally works perfectly normal, but I'll keep that in mind if it happens when I'm not remote starting it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.