Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is it possible and has anyone converted their transmission from an automatic to a manual transmission? i'm trying to convert my '08 2.2L 4speed if possible.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did a little research and it looks like a conversion is not worth it and i might as well buy another car. that being said, i guess i'll stick to possible upgrades. should i go with the K&N typhoon air intake kit or the GM performance air intake? and is it worth it?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yep it would cost less time and effort to simply trade your car in for a manual.

As for the intake I have the K&N and i love it! But an intake is an intake go with either, there isn't much difference between the two. I think the K&N may be worth 1-2 more HP though

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much good will a garrett turbo kit do?

btw im not lazy to look. i've done some research but i want first hand accounts.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mods please lock and delete this thread. thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
You could do the manual conversion for under $1000 easy.

EDIT: Actually I may be wrong, I remember hearing on here that the auto's dont sit in the same places as the manual ones, so that might take a bit more.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You could do the manual conversion for under $1000 easy.

EDIT: Actually I may be wrong, I remember hearing on here that the auto's dont sit in the same places as the manual ones, so that might take a bit more.

I'm glad you edited this...LoL! There is a LOT more to convert the auto to tranny...for starters: the ECM needs to be swapped out, TCM needs to be removed, manual tranny equipped wiring harnesses need to be installed, exhaust (DP replaced - engine sits more forward in auto equipped cars), motor mounts and tranny mounts (not just the rubber mounts but the entire mount), clutch system parts, etc.
Is it possible? Sure it is. But not for the amount of money and time it would take!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

Thread locked by OP request.. I will not delete it though. I want other ppl thinking about the conversion to read this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.