Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now do you leave the engine running when you check it or do you have it turned off I hear it going both ways which is it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see you havent gotten any answers yet, so I'm gonna take a crack. I'm assuming you're asking how to check the transmission fluid level? If so, you have to jack the car up and make sure its off the ground on four jack stands completely level (make sure your jack stands are rated for at least 2 tons) then turn the car on and get the fluid warm (not hot) by leaving it on a while, then shift the lever to each gear for a few seconds, then you can turn it off and on the transmission pan, there should be a removable bolt on the passenger side. Once you remove it, if theres any extra fluid in the transmission, itll come out from there. This is the procedure to check fill level

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you want to check the state of the fluid, unfortunately there's no dipstick, so you just have to go by the owners manual intervals and remove the drain pan and let all the fluid out when you want to do a drain and fill. For the 2010 2.2 Automatic, the drain and fill should be about seven quarts, though always make sure you double check the amount that comes out and check the fill level with the previous procedure i outlined to make sure you dont overfill. Good luck

·
Say What again!
6,326 Posts
There's a check plug on the side of the trans you use to check the fluid level, but the engine has to be running.

·
Say What again!
6,326 Posts
Not a problem. It's pretty easy to check too, while the engine is running and the plug is out, you just want to make sure the fluid level is even with the bottom of the hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts