Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 2 tires balanced... $50!!!! WTF who gets paid 50 for 15min to look at computer that tells you what to do. thats $200 an hour WTF i dont get $200 a week and they get it per hour ****ing rip off. and they ****ed up the paint on the steelies and got oil all over that shit so now I have to do all this damn prep work just to spray one coat on them again I want my $50 back!!! ugh

/rant

·
Registered
138 Posts
i feel you. jiffy lube got an oil/ some black mark on the head lining by my door. LAME and they did this thing to my bumper by my lights. i know it was them bc i would have known if i did it and if i got hit.. and of course i paid them to do it.

they just don't care.. but they seem to cared about the fact them 'cleaning' my windows would have taken off my window paint. lawl

·
Registered
314 Posts
the $50 doesnt go directly to the tech...there are other things involved with running a shop. they charge what they do because do not want/or cannot do the work themselves. i do as much on my own as i can

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
ok, i used to work in a shop, and the weights for balancing the tires, are stupidly expensive, out of that $50, $35 of it goes to the cost of weights....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hmmmmm...

I always ask what it's goint to cost me BEFORE the work is done for smaller jobs. Bigger jobs, a reasonable estimate.
So,, be honest. Are you mad at them charging you what they charge everybody everyday or are you mad because you didn't simply ask first???

I've been there once too. I learned my lesson on that!

GTO 1

·
Registered
360 Posts
ok, i used to work in a shop, and the weights for balancing the tires, are stupidly expensive, out of that $50, $35 of it goes to the cost of weights....
lol.....I have worked in a tire shop and
I now am a manager at NAPA and wheel weights
are not that expensive.........
maybe a few bucks per tire/wheel combo........

NO WAY $35 IN WEIGHTS FOR 4 TIRES........

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
lol.....I have worked in a tire shop and
I now am a manager at NAPA and wheel weights
are not that expensive.........
maybe a few bucks per tire/wheel combo........

NO WAY $35 IN WEIGHTS FOR 4 TIRES........
well then prices up here are different then.............cause i used to be the purchaser for a tire shop

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
lmao my girlfriends dad just got 2 tires balenced at BJ's for 5$. $2.50 a tire. where the hell did you go. even mavis tire only charged me 3 bucks a tire.

sorry dude, but like others said, find out what it costs previous to having the work done.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I know for a fact that the weights are not that expensive CK. All they are is a small amount of lead with a clip on them. (or lead on a sticker for nice wheels) My dads shop charges about 50 bucks for putting all 4 low pro tires on the wheels. Including mounting and balancing.

Sorry snake but you really got ripped off bud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.