Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Cobalt

Recently, whenever I plug my iPhone into the aux port to play music, the instruments in the song sound normal but the vocals are extremely quiet. I've tried multiple cables but the problem still persists.
One trick that used to work to play music normally was plugging my phone in after I turned the car on, and would only go back to not working properly if I turned the volume almost to max. This has since stopped working as well.

Do you guys think it's the aux port? What are my options here?

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sounds like the ground part of the cable is not getting a good connection. When this happens, the right channel uses the left channel as a ground and the left channel uses the right channel as a ground. So any vocals or other central sounds will get canceled out while the sound that's in stereo will still come through, but will most likely sound out of phase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sounds like the ground part of the cable is not getting a good connection. When this happens, the right channel uses the left channel as a ground and the left channel uses the right channel as a ground. So any vocals or other central sounds will get canceled out while the sound that's in stereo will still come through, but will most likely sound out of phase.
I see, so how would I go about fixing this? Do I need a new stereo or is there a part I can replace?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I keep talking myself out of doing all this guy did, but for only a couple hundred bucks...

Never thought of using the reverse light as power for a backup camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts