Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auxilliary Input Lunch-break Repair

14K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Coby7 
#1 ·
I have just introduced myself as a new member, i had mentioned that my auxilliary input was broken on my 2010 Chevy cobalt LT. For sure, it was frustrating, having all that sound system and not being able to listen to my music. So i found a pdf from internet on how to remove the radio https://metradealer.com/files/products/INST95-3302.pdf

Upon removal, i removed the radio's front panel which is four tiny bolts and fingernails or flathead screwdriver. it was evident that the 4 soldered pis were dislodged. I decided to wait until payday to buy me a soldering gun.

I was at work today, given the ease of removal or radio, i estimated i could do it in my lunch break. I asked the maintenance guy about "what are my chances he can let me borrow his soldering gun for 10 minutes". He gave it to me right away.

Long story short, i soldered the 4 pins then reinforcing the input connection with a piece of vacuum tubing (which i had handy in my toolbox), providing a little extra support to the connection.

The aux in works perfectly fine!!!

That was my so called

Lunch-break repair

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Isn't it gratifying to fix your own stuff?!!! Hi five man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.