Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has heard about or seen this car?
I have been impatiently waiting for this car to come out so I can catch a glimpse at it in person and maybe take it for a test drive at the dealership.

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, and last month while at the dealership I asked if they knew when this car was coming out and they said most likely not until spring arrives.

I think this thing looks absolutely ridiculous ( in a good way ) from the general body shape and sharp edges, to the halogen projector lights and the dual exhaust. Not to mention the interior looks just as awesome as the exterior.

It is equipped with a 6 speed transmission, 140 hp, turbocharged and 19 inch rims!!
I'm sure this car isn't too heavy either so I think 140 hp with a turbo would make it a fun little beast to drive.

I don't know how to post pictures but here is the link to check out this car.

2011 Chevrolet Aveo RS concept U.S. debut at ModernRacer Cars & Commentary

Anyway was just looking for some input from others about what they think and what not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm.. I think your right the Sonic seems to be pretty much the exact same thing.. except for the dual exhaust ?

I don't know, am I the only one that thinks this car looks sick ?
I think the starting base price was around 15,000 or so (correct me if i'm wrong)

Are these out in the US yet?

This thing looks like a little go-kart. I am actually conmsidering trading my balt in for this.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Aveo replacement like the Cruze after Cobalt. The Evo-ish frontend looks soso.

·
Registered
252 Posts
1.4T 138 hp 6 spd manual for the RS, if it keeps the RS badging when its released. It'll be sometime after the regular sonic is released, sort of like the cruze eco.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I saw the r/s at the auto show last year, it looks way better than the other aveos. I just hope they made it safer.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Yeah, I saw the RS in Detroit last year.

They heavily based the new Sonic off of it. Did a hell of a job. Corvette engineers designed the suspension on the car, and the 1.4L Turbo with the 6-speed manual will probably be a blast in that car!

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
no more aveo. sonic is replacing it

and there should be a variant that reflects what the rs was. most likely a z-spec like in the cruze

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would drive it if the RS package has similarities to the concept.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.