Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new at buying a car and I was looking at the chevy cobalt. I don't have that much money to go by. At most 12,000. I was wondering what is the average price for a 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 chevy cobalt ls or lt???

·
Registered
72 Posts
dealership not oh here.. and 12k you might as well buy an older ss/sc if you can find the right deal. but if you want brand new like droppedatbirth said the dealerships have low prices on the new 2010 xfe... which i wish i had for the more MPG.(xfe is just a trim level)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I bought my 07 LS four months ago with 24000 miles on it and got it for 8 grand

·
Registered
201 Posts
I got my 07' LT for $4k, granted I bought it through an auction that normally only dealers can buy from so add 2 or 3 more grand because of the dealer markup.

But if you have $12,000 and are looking for more horsepower, get an older SS. If not, then just do what they said and get a new one since they're down in price right now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
$12800 for my '10 xfe ..that's out the door...tax included. It's pretty bare bones...I think the paint color was extra but that was about it. I really like this car so far. Seems to be growing on me. Fuel economy is pretty good averaging 39.5 mpg

Good luck with whatever you get though...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow, that mileage is great. My '10 XFE actually seems to be dropping a bit in mileage, (32avg), but that could be due to the fact it is 100 plus dedgrees every day.

·
Registered
311 Posts
39.5 is very doable and I'm getting it in suburban NJ conditions.

I'm light on the gas, keep my distance, keep the tires at 37 lbs and use the grade when it's available. I've broken 39.6 so far. The car has about 3500 miles on the odo.

Usually warmer weather means better mileage but if you're using the AC and you're in traffic then you're likely to take a hit.

My guess is if you try those things I mentioned you'll likely to see your mileage go up too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.