Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 06 LS coupe with 225/40/18s on right now, and am looking to get it lowered. I would like to lower it so that the front and back are about the same height, and thought these would be the best option for that:

B&G 12.1.010 Cobalt / G5 / HHR Sport Lowering Springs - DROP: 1.4-F / 2.0-R

But I havent seen any reviews on them. I'm just wondering if these are good springs, if they will work with my current wheels, or if not what other springs would give me a good enough balanced look to the front and the back. I noticed the Eibach's are 1.6/1.8 F/R, but I didn't think that would give me the same height front/back that I am looking for. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
292 Posts
are you wanting lower or higher? eibachs are going to have the best ride... i'd go with the eibach sportlines 2/2.5 f/r

remember this picture is on stock rims... just to show you the wheel gap on the sportlines. i'm going to be going 17 with a 40 series tire should fill up the rest of the gap, anything taller than the sportlines will look almost factory i don't know why our cars appear to have a factory lift kit lol...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hmm, which kit do you have on your cobalt in that pic? with my 18s and 40 series tires, i think that would look pretty good, pretty similar to when you get your 17s.

Basically I dont want it too low, or too high for that matter, but i was just trying to go for that 'even' look, where the front and rear is the same height off the ground. Since the stock cobalt looks quite a bit higher in the rear, i wanted to get a kit that lowers significantly more in the rear than in the front, to even it out. If no one has any positive reviews of the B&G kit, i may go with what you got.

edit: I saw you said you have the sportlines, but are they the 1.6/1.8 or the 2/2.5?

Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.