Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this car brand new in 06 with only 5 miles on it.

Mods as of now:

Exterior:
- Tinted Windows
- Debadged
- Shaved Antenna
- Shave Trunk Lock
- Shaved Front Bow Tie
- Shaved Gas Door
- Shaved Key Hole On Passenger Door Handle
- Shaved Off Mud Flaps
- 18 Inch Silver Motegi FF7's
- 215/40/18 BFG KDWA Rubber
- Eibach Sportlines
- Custom Tailights
- Night Shaded Reverse Lights & Third Brake Light
- Black Painted Headlight Housings
- Custome Two Tone Paint Job

Performance:
- K&N Typhoon Intake
- Ported & Polished 2.2 TB
- 2.4 Intake Manifold Swap
- Z Spec Lightweight Crank Pulley
- B&M Shift Plus
- Cobalt Addiction V2 Header
- Cobalt Addiction XTC 2.5" Catless D/P
- Custom 2.5" Exhaust With Cherry Bomb Resonator & Magnaflow Muffler
- B&M Tranny Cooler
- Powerslot Slotted Rotors
- EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads
- DC Strut Bar

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
once you remove the bolted on bowtie. there is still an outline of the top and bottom built into the plastic. so we used a dremel and sand paper rolls and blended it down to be flush. then the body guy filled the holes in and built up the back of that center piece to make it look factory

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i like how your wheels stand out. it's niiiiiiiiiiiiice.
Thank you. i like them like that to. and they kinda match my pin stripe. which wasnt planned lol

I don't think I've ever seen your car before lol Looks awesome! Those tails a nice.
thanks man. wanted some diff tails then everyone else was buying. im the only one ive seen with these ones

pretty quick too i bet, how did you remove your front emblem?
yea its ok lol, but itll be a monster when im done with the n/a build :bigsmile:
scroll up acouple posts.

Wow... beautiful balt!
I love the bar w/o the front emblem, that looks awesome! :)
thank you very much.

and i was hoping some people would notice some other things i did. kinda sad no one mentioned them. but i had the lock on the passenger door handle filled, the antenna and trunk lock is gone, and heres the sneaky one lol.... the "finger hole" for the gas tank was shaved

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
thank you very much.

and i was hoping some people would notice some other things i did. kinda sad no one mentioned them. but i had the lock on the passenger door handle filled, the antenna is gone, and heres the sneaky one lol.... the "finger hole" for the gas tank was shaved
haha, well now that u mention all that, i see it... looks good.. but in our defence you really cant see the passenger lock thingy too good in the side pic... HAHAHA... i see the 'finger hole' is gone, but yeah, looks great! :D

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha, well now that u mention all that, i see it... looks good.. but in our defence you really cant see the passenger lock thingy too good in the side pic... HAHAHA... i see the 'finger hole' is gone, but yeah, looks great! :D

yea i guess thats not a very good view of the door lock lol. i thought i had a better angle up for that

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dude sick! I' am planning on painting my car the same way but mines white.
My buddy supposed to do it in a couple of weeks.
thanks dude
sweet. keep me updated if you still do it. and make sure to post some picks man

WOW B-LOW.. I didn't know you had such a clean ride bro! You never post pics!
thanks bro. i appreciate it. well i never really posted any before because i always just thought of it as a plain black cobalt. nothing special. but alot of time and work went into it the way it sits now and i feel a lot better about it

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
thanks bro. i appreciate it. well i never really posted any before because i always just thought of it as a plain black cobalt. nothing special. but alot of time and work went into it the way it sits now and i feel a lot better about it
I hear ya bro, I'm just an attention whore so i post pics a lot :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
b-low i'm probably gonna steal your idea of shaving off the front emblem and smoothing the gas cap, just wanted to tell you incase you got that copyrighted lol

haha nah, go ahead bro. i think it makes the car so much cleaner. i would suggest it to anyone

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.