Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yea i put b&m shift plus on my car about 2 days ago i got stuck in some real heavy rain and now my traction control dosnt work and my car is stuck stage 2

any1 else ever had this problem

im gonna try taking out the b&m and hope everything goes back to normal

·
Registered
446 Posts
Most people usually leave it in stage 1 as stage 2 causes the wheels to spin a little too much from what I've read.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most people usually leave it in stage 1 as stage 2 causes the wheels to spin a little too much from what I've read.
your not getting the point i have no choice in what it dose it wont let me chose anything nuteral stage1 or stage2 its STUCK in stage 2

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yea, I would go with gCobalts suggestion. Uninstall, reinstall, and give it another shot. If theres still a problem, drive without it connected to make sure everything works on its own and then maybe contact your seller about a replacement.

On a side note; I was told you couldnt shift from 1 to 0 or 2 to 1 while driving, but mine does it without trouble.

·
Registered
48 Posts
it may be too late but before you resort to taking out make sure you try turning off the car completely for a few minutes or even overnight and put the shift plus in neutral BEFORE turning on the car. thats the way it works as far as i can tell.

if you already tried that then sorry for sounding all snooty haha it just didnt sound like you tried turning off the car before flipping any switches

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did you unplug the negative terminal of the battery during install?
yup and this has been on my car for about 2 months so yea i know what ur getting at here

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Yea, I would go with gCobalts suggestion. Uninstall, reinstall, and give it another shot. If theres still a problem, drive without it connected to make sure everything works on its own and then maybe contact your seller about a replacement.

On a side note; I was told you couldnt shift from 1 to 0 or 2 to 1 while driving, but mine does it without trouble.
mins the same way i can turn it from on to the other

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.