Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ima start this off by saying if i wanted to i could get my full car paint for 1000$ from my uncle professional dragster racer and painter for automotive, Well ok i have these spots i want to get touched up and the front licence plate holes and there just miner right nothing to big so i decided id go to maaco to get a estimate for the touch up right lol when all said and done these mother f'kers wanted to charge me 1170 for the touch up-.- i wanted to laugh at em in there face of a bull shit estimate, so guess ima put my front license plate bake on with the cover... heres the spots...

Front bumper license plate holes i wanted filled and resprayed.

Both side gm emblems i took off i wanted sprayed.

Grille spot i wanted sprayed.

Front bumper spot from when i got the car i wanted done.

Rear emblem i wanted buffed out n sprayed

So guess im not getting it done from them cause that was a bitch estimate.

-.-

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
thats how much it would be here (nova scotia). Your basically asking for the front to be recleared and the front bumper to be painted and cleared. Then sand down the entire trunk and clear coat that too. Around here a semi descent paint job is $3k

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
my car has the two holes and never really bothered me. Try taking your car to a detailing place and ask how much to polish/wax your car. That should fix the trunk and the two gm badges

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Yeah, you are lucky to have the option of a family discount. If I could find somewhere to do my car for 1k it would already be done!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you tried getting the GM square marks and the badge marks on the back out yourself? My car had spots like that when I debadged it and I used scratchX and some quality car soap and it came out. Make sure you wax after scatchX.
Also Im pretty sure auto parts stores sell plugs for the bumper holes. Temp fix for until you get them filled.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you tried getting the GM square marks and the badge marks on the back out yourself? My car had spots like that when I debadged it and I used scratchX and some quality car soap and it came out. Make sure you wax after scatchX.
Also Im pretty sure auto parts stores sell plugs for the bumper holes. Temp fix for until you get them filled.
No it seemed like it needed to be resprayed and oh ok

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I don't think badges look too bad on coupes, but I don't like them on sedans. Makes the trunk look really "busy". Plus, mine was all scratched up when I bought the car so I just took it off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/install-guides-diy/23200-how-plug-holes-dealer-installed-license-plate-bracket.html

Here ya go. Read through the replies, sure there are some good ideas where to buy them.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Never understood why people debadge

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
+1 hp from the weight, duh...
; D

I took mine off to paint black, cause I wanted some accent color. But took the "Cobalt" off cause I couldn't glue it back on straight lol. Kept the letters though.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
possibly because the rear badge on the coupes is the size of a smart car and looks horrible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.