Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend of mine that works at a performance shop in Tulsa, Ok and she told me to go check out these headers, and that the shop she worked for was now an authorized JBody Performance dealer.

I was just wondering if any one has seen these or bought them and how they like them. I am considering getting this header by next summer hopefully.

Here is the link:
Part Details JP0927

I really think they look bad ass!!!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
just my opinion but i think the racing solutions header looks way better than that. and it's way cheaper

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Which shop in Tulsa does she work at? And for $600 they should be awesome, but they are worth looking at.

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews on that set, as in it'll actually lose you power.

...and it's a ***** to install.

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
Maybe on an LT1 V8, haha.

Their stock manifolds look like this:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
i would like to hear a sound clip of this, i know it would only give you a gain in horsepower if you had a motor set up just for it... but i bet it has a sound like a sti, all un even flow headers sound like that.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I didn't know there was a loss in power with this...good to know...all I ever heard on CSS about it was pain in the ass install....and it gives you a sound similar to a Subaru Boxer engine (which in itself is pretty cool).

Definitely wouldn't buy one new and probably not used....but the loss in power thing, that sucks...time to stick with a traditional style header.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
i think they would be alot better for a sc than the 2.2. i think this may be a future mod for me.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews on that set, as in it'll actually lose you power.

...and it's a ***** to install.
X2 it's made for top end power that's why

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, anyone have any proof of losing power?? Cause my SS pulls over 330whp on our mustang dyno and guess what, I have the JBP header w/ hahn downpipe and catback. HMMMM, bet if I put on a different header I would get over 350 out of my TVS. BS.
You will not gain 20hp out of this header, however, you wont gain 20 hp out of any header. There are three of us locally that run it. Two of us TVS and over 300whp.
I have seen and heard of a few poor produced versions that apparently caused problems. That is not the case here. The header also boosted low end torque substantially on the M62 when tested. As for a pain in the ass, if you dont know how to operate a wrench, yes it is a little time consuming. Took me 2 hours to do the whole job on mine.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow, anyone have any proof of losing power?? Cause my SS pulls over 330whp on our mustang dyno and guess what, I have the JBP header w/ hahn downpipe and catback. HMMMM, bet if I put on a different header I would get over 350 out of my TVS. BS.
You will not gain 20hp out of this header, however, you wont gain 20 hp out of any header. There are three of us locally that run it. Two of us TVS and over 300whp.
I have seen and heard of a few poor produced versions that apparently caused problems. That is not the case here. The header also boosted low end torque substantially on the M62 when tested. As for a pain in the ass, if you dont know how to operate a wrench, yes it is a little time consuming. Took me 2 hours to do the whole job on mine.
yes, there is a guy on css who did a test and had to pull timing or risk hurting the car cause it ran so bad, it showed a CONSIDERABLE loss

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.