Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell u whatif u had a clutch go bad pre-maturely, then if u still have the pressure plate check it with a straight edge. i did and found my pressure plate to be bad, it was warped now i'm kicking the dealerships ass for lying to me and not catching that default part. well i think that most likely all 07 chevy cobalt ls 2.2l pressure plates are probably defective and we need to have the recalled imediately!!!!!!! so if u had this problem and still have the pressure plate stand up and kick some asssssssss.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
If anyone has had this problem then get together and let GM know...They need you guys to tell them so they can release recalls and stuff.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously like post it here and what not, i can't believe i caught it. i new something was wrong but ya know. like the dealer ship really wasn't looking out for me at all they probably know about this and so does GM probably but they prob. want to avoid the recall so they say, o u beat on your car. thats what they tried with me but man o man i'm really doing them in good now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You have to watch because there probably is a lot of people with this problem but GM wont put out a recall most of the time because they don't have a permanent part to fix it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a new clutchkit installed but i'm in the process of getting my money back, i talked to the dealership today and i'll prob. get it back. but i told them that if i see no money then i'll get a lawyer and sue so. ha we'll see. they seemed worried

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i had to do my clutch at 47k(km, do the math), i bought a new kit, and showed the stealership the old clutch disc, they just laughed at me, and said "we wont warranty the clutch disc, it's a 'wearable part'", i still have the disc and pressure plate at my shop, sitting in a brown boxs beside my toolchest, just waiting for a recall or someone to file a lawsuit!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Did you do it yourself? If so you do you have proof of how many miles were on it when you took it off. If not They could look at you odometer and tell you that you could've taken it off yesterday(once you file your lawsuit). There other arguement could be that It could be from a nother car! I've brought a ford dealership to court for not warrantying my auto tranny in my old pickup. They'll look for every thing and every thing to make it your fault. Also keep in mind that the chances of the judge knowing anything about cars much less that specific application isn't very likely so they may not full understand the circumstances. You have to be detailed enough to explain but not so detailed that you'll confuse the judge. Another thing to think about is, is it worth it? cost of filing, cost of legal help, In minnesota's small claims court it's just you and the defendent or plaintiff which ever the other person is. You can't have a lawyer sitting there doing all your arguing for you (keep in mind that's minnesota you'll have to check your local court rules). Do your homework and bring examples of other incidents like this from reliable sources not just hear say. It's not an easy thing to do. But I say if your really up for it then go for it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i had to do my clutch at 47k(km, do the math), i bought a new kit, and showed the stealership the old clutch disc, they just laughed at me, and said "we wont warranty the clutch disc, it's a 'wearable part'", i still have the disc and pressure plate at my shop, sitting in a brown boxs beside my toolchest, just waiting for a recall or someone to file a lawsuit!
take a metal straight edge and set it across the pressure plate and see if it's totally flush, use gauges to if needed. mine wasn't it's like 15 thousandths low on the inside portion of the pressure plate. so my clutch wore at an angle. check that. i bet it is warped also.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i'm meeting with the gm rep today and the head mechanic called me and was like u might be charged for the hole trany work that was done but if u really want to push on the clutch deal go ahead. lol i'm like yeah i do i'm not taking this crap sitting down. lol it's like w/e they can't say crap about a defective part but i'm sorry heres your money, ha. i'm so pumped andwhat is he going to say i need to pay for the trany cuz i have a modded car with paint and exhaust done on it. lol yeah ok.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
take a metal straight edge and set it across the pressure plate and see if it's totally flush, use gauges to if needed. mine wasn't it's like 15 thousandths low on the inside portion of the pressure plate. so my clutch wore at an angle. check that. i bet it is warped also.
believe it or not, but mine was str8.........just the clutch disc itself was toast, literally

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
huh, i can't see mine being the only one thats bad though cuz they like make a crap load of the same parts off of one machine (cnc) so idk.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
huh, i can't see mine being the only one thats bad though cuz they like make a crap load of the same parts off of one machine (cnc) so idk.
you arent, before the crash, there was a topic about it.

i do believe i am still the only one with a really bad motormount:p

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
there is no more though right ?
nope, it got wiped, i also do remember there being one about what has broken on pplz cobalts.........

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.