Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Prothane manual trans mounts yesterday and I expected vibrations to increase, but this is rediculous. Cruising and accelerating 2nd-5th is manageable, but srarting off in first through about 1500 rpm, it vibrates like crazy. My throttle body was pretty dirty, so I cleaned it as much as I could without removing it and it hasn't made any difference at all. Does it need time to relearn after a tb cleaining? Anybody else have this issue and fix it or do I have to get over it?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
give it a few hundred miles. they will break in.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

and the TB will be fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you all know what I'm talking about with the bad low rpm vibration and it should get somewhat better with time? Or do yo mean vibration in general?

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I was there when we did the install on Camos car and I've driven Foximus's car since we installed them in his car.

The vibs will die down after a while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've driven maybe 50 miles since I put mine in and now that I'm trying to notice, it's gotten a little better.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
make sure the bolts are tight too, use loc tite red. the strong stuff. they are aluminum i know u should use blue but trust me use red, these things take a ton of vibration and need that security. if you dont know how to apply loc tite correctly just pm me i'll guide u through it. and tight does not mean as hard as you can crank it, bolts do break and **** if i know breaking a bolt on a tranny mount sucks. as far as the vibrations, you got prothane solid mounts bro. all i have to say about those from word of mouth is good freakin luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.