Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem.

If I have my car running and pump the break a few times and take my foot off, I can take my car out of gear. As well as when its in park and if I continue to pump the break it has a popping sound under my shifter..

My assumption is parking piston.. Has anyone had to replace it or can it be fixed?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Ive heard that noise before, but never thought anything of it, mines been doing it since I got it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.. If you put your finger on it, you can feel it pop.
It just started doing that uhh probably a week or two ago now.. Its driving me bananas!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your car still under warranty?
Yeah.. I was gonna take it apart today but we kinda had a run in with people breaking into cars last nite in my neighborhood so Im kinda reluctant to do anything to my car right now

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I would just take it in then, and see what they say.

And that sucks about your neighborhood, my buddy's was just vandalized. Someone went around and sliced peoples tires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Im going to, its going to have to wait til after next week because I have finals and work :[
But yeah hoodlum kids... We live in a nice suburb and these fools still think they are "gangster".. :| But they stole NOTHING but the garage door opener so that leads to concern but we took care of that now.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yeah Im going to, its going to have to wait til after next week because I have finals and work :[
But yeah hoodlum kids... We live in a nice suburb and these fools still think they are "gangster".. :| But they stole NOTHING but the garage door opener so that leads to concern but we took care of that now.
Dang that sucks, glad to hear you got it taken car of, they had a easy way into your house. :laugh: jk.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang that sucks, glad to hear you got it taken car of, they had a easy way into your house. :laugh: jk.
Yea no sht.. Be a sad day for them if I got a hold of them... get their butt whooped by a girl and louie slugger :p

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yea no sht.. Be a sad day for them if I got a hold of them... get their butt whooped by a girl and louie slugger :p
Lol! yea there wannabees, had them in my school and everyone would make fun of them, they would act tough but do nothing if you got in there face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.