Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Codes are P0327 and P0326 Indication from the knock sensor...

2010 Cobalt 2.2 4 cyl Echotec 4 door sedan

Off the bat i replaced the knock sensor because it was a 20$ part so i was hoping for the easy fix but no luck... The engine doesn't seem to lack in power (althowe it may be) and the engine runs smooth... Seems to me like a bad PCM?

Anyone had experience with this issue.. also is replacing a PCM a novice operation or should i get some helped with someone with some experience?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you have both codes chances are your knock sensor has lost it's connection or it is bad. Check connection first, if connections are good chances are your knock sensor has bit the dust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you have both codes chances are your knock sensor has lost it's connection or it is bad. Check connection first, if connections are good chances are your knock sensor has bit the dust.

Yeah i replaced the knock sensor off the bat. Only 26$ bucks so w/e

Light came back on. as soon as i get my hands on a multimeter im gona check the connection and recheck my torque specifications...

what are the chances you think it could be the PCM?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Slim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well tell me if this is a wierd solution.

After consulting with my father, who is a long time mechanic, he said that i should try and take off the hose connecting the valve cover to the intake. After removing the hose and plugging the intake whole. The engine light hasn't returned.. I was using valvoline full synthetic.. Very odd ill try to change the oil type and see if the engine light returns

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I fail to see the rapport here! Maybe your father can enlighten us. By removing the hose you automatically change timing because you just plugged a vacuum inlet. Try Premium gasoline for a tank with everything back to normal. Bypassing a problem is not fixing it but might be a clue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.