Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing with wiring audio equipment to my fuse box inside the car, and blew fuses. Even though all the fuses have been replaced, not only do my wipers not work, but now the car won't start, the security dash light is lighting up, and i don't have a security system.. its like I fried something and the car thinks I'm trying to steal it. Um... help? What do i do, i need my car to run

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
hmmm i think the Balt as someone kind of shut off when something get fired check the fuse by the battery the really big one but thats all i can say hope someone else can help

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't check the fuses under the hood... I'm going to do that right now. And yeah I think I caused the car to keep itself from starting. I have full power though. Where are the relays? WOuld that be something I can pick up and replace tomorrow?

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
I didn't check the fuses under the hood... I'm going to do that right now. And yeah I think I caused the car to keep itself from starting. I have full power though. Where are the relays? WOuld that be something I can pick up and replace tomorrow?
yes a relay is real easy to replace but im not sure how to check them

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you can feel the relay click, it is working (97% of the time). If you fried a ton of fuses, it wouldn't be out of the question to assume you fried some circuits too.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for pointing out something obvious that I overlooked :push: blew the engine bay ignition fuse... now it runs and the airbag sensor works again too, I forgot to check the wipersbut the engine bay fuse for the wiper is fine.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Thank you guys for pointing out something obvious that I overlooked :push: blew the engine bay ignition fuse... now it runs and the airbag sensor works again too, I forgot to check the wipersbut the engine bay fuse for the wiper is fine.
good im glad to hear that it works

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.