Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was wondering how many people travel with a battery booster in their car. I just bought lately a Blitz Wolf, it's small and compact yet delivers up to 400 amp for a short burst. It also has 2 USB charging ports if your cell phone ever goes dead. Better than does bulky heavy Canadian tire Eliminator booster at twice the price. This one has a lithium ion battery. It works great, I used it on my sisters Matrix and was a little sceptical at first because of the size but it started right up. As you can see in the picture it has a thermal breaker on the positive lead if you should happen to short the output.

It also has a built in flash light.

This is a very thought out product for $67 USd.

http://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-K3-400A-Jump-Starter-Multi-Function-Car-12000mAh-Dual-USB-Power-Bank-p-981964.html

It comes neatly packaged...

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I don't have one, but I will be buying one. I've been talking about getting one. My neighbor has one he bought for $100 or so and he can jump I think 6 cars without needing a charge

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
They do seem like a good investment although I've only had to be boosted once in 10 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My sister was at a conference at Howard Johnson just down the road, she was already running late and all stressed out when she called me. I'm 2 kms away so hopped in the Mitsubishi and off to see her I went. She was so stressed out she didn't even say thank you which is not like her at all, she later called me and apologized but I wasn't at all upset by it because I used to work and understand the pressure upper management and kids puts on parents. That my friend to me was worth the $88 even if I never have to use it again.

You know how today's car electronics is fragile, one spark while boosting and you can fry your ECM, now when somebody ask me for a boost I don't have to compromise my car's electronics to give somebody a boost I just pull the Blitz Wolf out of the glove box and away they go. Before I always had to refuse boosting because of the possible outcome.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Here's the Canadian Tire comparable unit.

NOCO Genius GB70 BoostHD Jump Starter and Power Bank, 2000 Amp | Canadian Tire

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
$320!!?!?!?! No thanks, I'd buy the one you have

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All you need for a car, don't think it would boost a Duramax at minus 30 but.......

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My old duramax has two batteries. I think they were like 800cca each.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.