Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry for short details, I am at work, I was just texted by my daughter. She says the "battery light" is on on her 2007 Cobalt LT, 4cyl. Last weekend I installed an amp for her - would this light simply be an indicator that the battery has been disconnected ? Everything runs fine otherwise, it seems.

It's a check engine light

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's obvious the amp is off when the car is off, it has some very gaudy blue LED razzle-dazzle crap that apparently girls like. Battery could be weak, they don't last long down here in FL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are lower cost alternatives to Optimas that achieve the same service life. I also have a spare bluetop hanging around I could use. Has the really handy accessory posts, too. I just need to be sure that's the issue. Car was fine up until this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You sure its the battery light? Could be the check engine light

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, now that I am home, I can see it is a steady on check engine light. Any suggestions beyond taking it to the $tealer$hip ?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
could be anything, a popular thing in these cars is a temp gauge is messed up, i got it in my car. The coolant will say like 190 on the dic screen, and all of a sudden drop to like 160. Obviously coolant cant cooldown that fast, the gauge is messed up. That seems to be popular in not only these cars, but alot of cars. I would say take your car to a mechanic shop or like autozne and have them pull the code. Then take it to the dealership to get it fixed, if its under warranty. If not have the mechanic fix it for less.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
battery light = alternator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.