Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 pontiac pursuit (2.2l,auto tr) will be 10 years old in a few months and still has the original battery in the trunk...( car sleeps in a heated garage and is driven about 50 kms every day).thinking of replacing it one from Costco but they do not have the battery with external vent spigot for the hose...are the vapours that corrosive/dangerous...don't feel like getting a Motormaster from Crappy Tire .........

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Get one from Interstate or a car part store. ACDelco have the exact replacement.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get one from Interstate or a car part store. ACDelco have the exact replacement.
So you are saying that getting one without the vent is not a good idea....could get one at Costco for about $40.00 less but without the vent...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I think your lungs and whom ever else's lungs are in the car are worth the extra money.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You could get a gel battery. They don't need a vent.

I've only had horrible experiences with any battery labelled interstate, or eliminator so stay away from those.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up pulling it out of the trunk to have it load tested and it passed ( barely, but it passed with an acceptable 507 CCA and a good 12.85V !) This is not my family car and I only use it to go to work so I will see how much I can get out of this trusty and reliable AC Delco battery!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.