Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay time for you first oil change saterday and i just wanted to know from yall which oil do you guys think is best..thanks yall peace

·
Banned
161 Posts
you dont have anything on your car worth wasting money on royal purple. use mobile 1 synth

·
Registered
55 Posts
you dont have anything on your car worth wasting money on royal purple. use mobile 1 synth
i use royal purple, i think my engine is worth using oil for. it's really all about preference, although it seems mobile 1 synthetic and royal purple are the most commonly used. i would definitely go with a full synthetic regardless.

·
Banned
161 Posts
i use royal purple, i think my engine is worth using oil for. it's really all about preference, although it seems mobile 1 synthetic and royal purple are the most commonly used. i would definitely go with a full synthetic regardless.
well if you like paying 2 times more per quart thats all you dude.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Royal Purple since New and AC delco Filter

And royal pruple where i live is actually cheaper then Mobile 1

·
Banned
161 Posts
Royal Purple since New and AC delco Filter

And royal pruple where i live is actually cheaper then Mobile 1
then you must live next door to a factory. lol.. because royal purple is 2 times as expensive as mobile one here.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't think it makes a major difference with synthetic oil,I just go to valvoline for the winter and its fine.Never tried royal purple,just know its a little more money.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Haha, well for the 2.2 I think just a regular synthetic or semi-synthetic is more then enough, i just spend a little extra becuase it makes me feel better, probally wasting money, but I sleep better at night:p

·
Registered
594 Posts
well in general synthetic helps out the motor no matter what in any car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
then you must live next door to a factory. lol.. because royal purple is 2 times as expensive as mobile one here.
No joke. Guys i promise you none of our engines are making enough power to need Royal Purple. Go with a full synthetic sure, but there isnt a reason to buy RP unless you love wasting money.

Fram Filter with Penzoil syn FTW

·
Registered
47 Posts
I usually use the castol syntec blend. I've been using it in my truck as well and it has over 100K miles without any problems. My thoughts are as long as you make sure to change your oil on time then you should be good to go.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.