Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour, new...well here obviously but I have had my 07 2.2ls since Oct 07. Im from Ottawa Ontario Canada.
Hope to learn some new stuff on here.

Here she is, nothing major yet. Comments and suggestions much welcomed.

Currently done:
20%tint
FE5 shocks
SSC lowering coils
CT's strut brace
CT's subfram brace
GMPP CAI
GMPP CB
Rear trunk trim/light covers
Falken FK452's 225/35/18
Kazera KZA 18's in silver finish
Some aftermarket end-links
painted rotor's/calipers/drums
polished valve cover

On its way or here on my parts shelf to be installed:
TWM short shifter
Momo shift knob
Momo pitstop carbon w.boot
MRZ lightweight crank pulley (or underdriver w.o sound system)
MRZ lightweight alternator pulley
Newest Gen of Chrome projector headlights
2.4 intake mani
LSJ DP
4 parking Tail lights mod
small sub woofer
Black cloth seats from a 2.4SS

Future plans:
RK sport's ram air hood
Cams
Larger diameter tire
air ride
air horns
black headliner
SS body kit, w.o front lip kit

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
hey man! i'm from canada too! Montreal, Quebec. have som efamily out there in ontario. Ottawa is actually quite close to where I live. We should have a meet this summer perhaps! we're a few ppl from Canada. Welcome and nice mods! How do you like your FE5 shocks and struts? I plan on getting that with some H&R or sportline lowering springs. Heard the FE5's handle like a dream.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcomes

A meet would be awesome, we have weekly ones here in Ottawa and there is a huge Quebec and Ontario battle of the provinces car showmeet on May 1st.

FE5 shocks are great, but TC's are much better if you can get em. And as for coils, ssc's do more than the trick and save much coin for other mods which is always welcomed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes

A meet would be awesome, we have weekly ones here in Ottawa and there is a huge Quebec and Ontario battle of the provinces car showmeet on May 1st.

FE5 shocks are great, but TC's are much better if you can get em. And as for coils, ssc's do more than the trick and save much coin for other mods which is always welcomed.
I'm in....... MTL x2:bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
bonjour mon collegue Canadien! Votre cobalt est tre belle. I dont really speak french very well lol

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes

i thought fe5's were Tc shocks/struts? or is there 2 different types of fe5's?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
i thought fe5's were Tc shocks/struts? or is there 2 different types of fe5's?
they use the whole FE5 suspension..fe5 shocks, fe5 struts, fe5 springs..etc...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FE5 is from the the supercharged models, FE3 SS/NA, FE1 LS/LT. Im not sure what the TC's are called but they did see an upgrade from the supercharged models. ALthough I could be wrong, never afraid to admit that. Either way, both are worth while mods WITHOUT their factory coils. I was riding on FE5 SC coils for about a week or more fully disapointed in ever spending the money for them. I was told they would drop my LS, it maybe went down a half inch in the rear, nothing more. SSC's quickly solved that thanks to Jarod from Tazmic Autosports.

Thanks for the comments guys, love the warm welcome!

As per the quebec meet, if you have not yet, join the quebec cobalt club or the ontario cobalt club, all the info you need is on there. Its going to be great! The meet will be held in Kingston, about halfway for most people.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Heres a better pic, oldy but I like it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.