Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On DEC 10 a guy in a 05/G6 made a left turn in front of me coming from the opposite direction,I had no time to react so we met at about 40MPH. Im ok,Chest still hurts some, but the G5 has been in the body shop since the 16th.The accident report & Witness states the other driver was at fault,so thats a plus for me. My 5 had 6k+$ in damages mostly to the drivers side front end & the lower A frame & axle were torn out.The wheel/rim was pushed into the A pillar,that was still attached by the strut,naturally I couldn't get out,but a few people managed to pry the door open after awhile. I remember the sound of the crash,but that was all.I was out knocked out cold,when I came to I remember the smoke from the air bag.I was too bummed out to take any pics of the car,but do have a few pages of the estimate/parts to be replaced.I did call my sales guy & he recomended a collision shop at a chevy dealer,thay are usen all GM Replacement parts etc,maybe thay even used a few Cobalt parts on it/lol! I'll be picken the car up on Mon/Jan/12. So instead of getten a rental I've been driven the 85,that more fun anyway ! Thank's for readen this.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Glad you are okay....sorry about the car.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Dude that sucks about the car, glad everything is okay with you. When you pick it up make sure your colors on the original body parts match too, the sliver on my bumper is a little darker than the rest of my car but you can barely tell because it has been blended so well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the replys.I got the car back,no problems so far & it's as good as new. Already drove it thru a couple of snow storms here & it handles good.The paint match was good & ya can't even tell it was in a accident,the BODY SHOP,thats who done the work guaranteed it as long as I own it also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little update, no problems with the 5 since the accident,it still goes down the road strait as a arrow & is stable at 120mph,I could of burried the speedo but I was comming up on some traffic, I was on the AC Xpressway. When I lived in Philly I would of used I95.:bigsmile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.