Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im officaly outta the cobalt game, to make a long story short my transmission blew apart on me, i traded the car for a 2008 gti four door and love every but of it... i still do have some parts left but stuffs going fast my coil overs and rims are all i have left pm me if interested, i had some good times with this cobalt crowd and wish u all the best.. summer PA meet of 2010 was a great time and ill never forget it... goodluck guys its been fun

·
Registered
563 Posts
nicee, heading over to vw :) checkout vwvortex.com, those guys are great too. A lot of help, they helped a ton with my passat 2.0 16v swap into a scirocco and 2.0 aba 8v turbo project

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the coils are megans, have 15k on them...

yes ive been to vortex my username overthere is slowtex

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Start autoxing that thing. There are two in my club and we have a competition with who is faster!! They typically win in the end by half a second!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
did you manage to tell yours beamer?? what did you switch to?

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
yea, sold it two weeks ago. I bought my dads 96 F150 just before because he was going to give it to me anyway because he's moving and did not want to mess with it so I gave him $500 for it so he got something for it. Could easily sell it for $2500 though but I am not going to do that, have a few things I want to do to it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
did you get what you wanted for the balt?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just some dubski pics for yall..

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

just for the record, basicly what happened to my car was a broken axel shaft inside the tranny, it wasnt till after i put the coilovers in it that i noticed something was very wrong with the axels on my car... however i pushed it off as axel vibration... 9 months latter it was only getting worse i put it up on a lift at my shop one day only to relize the axel shaft inside the tranny for the pass side was totally blown apart... i serched "ondemand 5" and found a TSB from gm on the exact problem. at this point i decided to part ways with my car... do 2.2 and 2.4 auto guys... keep this in mind...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Beamer You should be on the lookout for a basic LS Sedan. (07-09) They go for dirt cheap (4 or 5 G) and they are cheap to run, then you would have something to discuss with us. That FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily) won't last anyways, parts is going to cost you a fortune. This way you won't miss your friends.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Vdub looks good and again that blows about the cobalts issue.

I grew up in a ford family, have had zero issues with the many fords we have had since I have been around anyway, this truck runs strong and probably well for quite sometime but anything can happen, I have thought about another balt but I more then likely wont get another unless I find a nice one for a price you cannot go wrong with.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
My dad loved to hate his FORDs. Yeah you read that right there is an s there at the end. Always complaining about his FORD pickup then he'd turn around and buy an other one when the ashtray was full.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.