Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find my transmission dipstick today ( BTW WHERE TF IS THAT?!?)

Anyways I noticed my belt looked a little skinny. Even a little rough. Maybe it was my view but my pulley looked as if it could have taken on a bigger belt. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
buy a new serp belt. I think mine cost $12 and its wonderful piece of mind. Sometimes when belts get extremely old they start getting wore til theres just a strand left, then SNAP!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No transmission dip stick just a level plug.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How hard is it to actually change the belt?

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

No transmission dip stick just a level plug.
well isnt that some sh!t haha no wonder i couldnt find it

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

well found out how to change rge belt..seems fairly easy!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
wheres da belt located

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
on a 2.2 it took me literally 5 mins to change my belt and that included putting my car on the hoist

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
had to go through the wheel well but didnt have to loosen a motor mount. are the belts routed differently?

·
Registered
12 Posts
had to go through the wheel well but didnt have to loosen a motor mount. are the belts routed differently?
Kept my car on a jackstand and went through the wheel well as well. Also didn't need to take off the motor mount. Replaced both the belt and the tensioner pulley. Took about an hour and a half, pretty tight fit. 2.2 09

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.