Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Definately not the Kenwood:sick: my opinon of course.

But I really like the first Pioneer with the dial in the center. Personally, I will never watch a movie in my car so the full screens, unless the price is right, dont intrigue me.

Also, dont forget to factor in the cost of the wiring harness

·
Registered
42 Posts
ive also looked into this and really like the pioneer. But its about 500 for radio, installation, and the all the adapters needed so i put that on hold. Keep us informed on where you go with this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Definately not the Kenwood:sick: my opinon of course.

But I really like the first Pioneer with the dial in the center. Personally, I will never watch a movie in my car so the full screens, unless the price is right, dont intrigue me.

Also, dont forget to factor in the cost of the wiring harness
I haven't heard anything too bad about Kenwood but is it?

ive also looked into this and really like the pioneer. But its about 500 for radio, installation, and the all the adapters needed so i put that on hold. Keep us informed on where you go with this.
Which Pioneer? and (mock me all you want) but believe it or not I have a buddy down at BestBuy and even though a lot of people have had bad experiences this guy knows what he's doing and is willing to install it for $60 for the double din's $110 for the touchscreen. Let me know if i'm missing something though for the $500?

Do you have steering wheel controls?
Nah 2005 Base 4DR.

Would really like more input so keep the comments coming! And yeah i'm not too big on watching DVD's but was thinking about getting the touchscreen for the hell of it. Do you think there is a big difference in sound quality between the touch screen and the double dins, Pioneer vs. Kenmore, and all 3 in general?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
i for one would stick with pioneer also..

n why would it cost more for a touchscreen install?? if you were closer id install it for $40.. its not hard to do with basic knowledge. the hardest part is figuring out which harness you need

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

i for one would stick with pioneer also..

n why would it cost more for a touchscreen install?? if you were closer id install it for $40.. its not hard to do with basic knowledge. the hardest part is figuring out which harness you need

·
Registered
42 Posts
the pioneer 8000bt was the one i was talking about. but umm you dont happen to live in miami where i could get hooked up also huh?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah, don't live near Miami sorry. And yeah i'm just not that good/have the time to do it, I put in my speakers and after that I figured i'd just go to a pro because I wasn't sure what I was doing and I wanted a more cleaner, professional install. But i'm really looking into the kenwood since I can get it for around $150 and the illumination looks sick, has anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just remember you get what you pay for.....
Yeah but it's not like the pioneer is top of the line, i'm just wondering how dramatic the sound quality difference would be between the Kenwood and the Double Din Pioneer, I think I ruled out the touchscreen one because the sale ended. In other terms is the extra $100 worth it for sound quality? (if there's a difference)

·
Registered
985 Posts
do you have the pioneer upgraded system in your balt? I have a Pioneer AVIC-FT900b (dbl din touch screen, nav, dvd, etc etc) I did myself. Easy install but time consuming since I wired the car for an amp at the same time. I love mine though. I've always been a fan of pioneer so thats my choice.

I ask about the stock upgrade because the sound quality is great if you utilize the factory amp. I used an aftermarket 4ch amp for about a week then returned it because I didn't notice any difference in the quality or crispness of the music vs the stock amp. So what I'm getting at, is that if you have the stock amp, either option will have similar quality sound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you have the pioneer upgraded system in your balt? I have a Pioneer AVIC-FT900b (dbl din touch screen, nav, dvd, etc etc) I did myself. Easy install but time consuming since I wired the car for an amp at the same time. I love mine though. I've always been a fan of pioneer so thats my choice.

I ask about the stock upgrade because the sound quality is great if you utilize the factory amp. I used an aftermarket 4ch amp for about a week then returned it because I didn't notice any difference in the quality or crispness of the music vs the stock amp. So what I'm getting at, is that if you have the stock amp, either option will have similar quality sound.
Yeah the sale ended so I actually decided to rule out the touchscreen one, really could use help deciding between the Pioneer Double Din or the Kenwood one and if there's a significant difference in sound quality. And nah I don't I have some really shitty stock system.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
The only reason I said no to the kenwood is because it looks gaudy, nothing about their engineering of the deck. I have owned multiple pioneers over the years and it's the closest I have gotten to being in the same ball park as my favorite deck ever.. Alpine! I bought an alpine deck 9 years ago for $600 and everyone thought I was crazy (probably was) but it still works as well as any other deck I've heard to date.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Where do you live? I'm pretty savy putting in decks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.