Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried search but couldn't find anything. My Cobalt has no rear sway bar and has too much body roll. I'm looking for a good street friendly rear sway bar. :thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You could also swap the springs for SS springs in the rear. Made a big difference on my LT

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Powell's swaybars are undoubtedly the best, I've driven a winter with his XXX (1.5'') and a summer with a hardcore (1.25''), only issue I ever had was it is the first thing to drag in snow so more likely to get stuck and on occasion if you clear chunks of ice and snow in the front only for it to hit the swaybar instead. Not that it ever caused any damage, it looked new and was from one of the first batch of swaybars made. I highly recommend a set of aftermarket springs and shocks/struts if you want to go all out, but you need a nice set of wheels and tires or you won't have the grip to come close to what the suspension can do.

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Powell Hardcore bar FTW. Definitely goes best with springs/struts/shocks - and a grippy set of tires. And as mentioned above: it definitely helped a lot when I still had the 15s and all seasons - but as soon as I got my 18's with the sticky-as-all-hell Direzza ZIIs, then the full benefit of the swaybar could be enjoyed (the front end had enough stick not to slide before the rear could).

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'll second the suspension being more fun even on the 15's but having a much better set of wheels and tires makes it even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.