Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! where do you stand?
What do you think is best, and why?
What do you have in your car, do you like it?

Alpine
Kenwood
Pioneer
etc....

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Alpine.

They make an AWESOME head unit.

·
Registered
720 Posts
All three you listed along with Eclipse...they are all great brands. I have had Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer myself. The Alpine was the best in my opinion, but it was a higher model than the Pioneer and Kenwood units were.

I currently don't have an aftermarket in the Cobalt, but when I do get one, it will be one of the 4 brands I listed.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a bunch guys! I'm looking into a head unit.. I've heard a lot.. "stick with Pioneer and Alpine" "i highly recommend Pioneer" "I'm a big fan of Kenwood" these are all from best buy, good friend who does custom installs (used to work @ all & ed's) and my bro-in-law. haha

I'm looking at

Kenwood / Pioneer
headunit

KICKER
Speakers- amp- maybe sub
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alpine

As long as it sounds and looks good, their all great. I love my Alpine. The sound is very clean, not loud. If you want perfect sound get the Imprint attachment. CDA-9886

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i'm loving my panasonic...just threw out the old pioneer for it and the difference is AMAZING.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm noticing a big support of Pioneer :toung: I personally don' like how the Alpine unites look... and for about $180 Kenwood vs. Pioneer I'm going to go Pioneer~ Thanks guys!

Looking into a Pioneer head-unit and a Kicker system :) I'll keep ya'll updated and pics etc.. when i get !

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ugh.. i keep going back and forth between Pioneer and Kenwood... I've heard a lot of good things from Kenwood (from a trusted source.. haha) grrr... I want.. CD, Radio, iPod .... either USB in or Aux in ... and i would prefer it lit up BLUE ... hmmm anyone have used ones?! lol

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i wont go back to pioneer. i had one of their premiers and yeah it was nice...but there is SO much more control in alpines and panasonic. hell, go get you an oxygen audio headunit, they're nice too

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
i sorta narrowed it down to 2 models, unless anyone has any recommendations?

Kenwood:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11763_Kenwood+eXcelon+KDC-X792.html

Pioneer:
Pioneer DEH-P5100UB (dehp5100ub) All In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

I'm looking at prices features etc. I'm a sound guy ... kind of turning into a Audiophile :blink: my life is ruined.. haha~
I don't know what your opinions are on this pioneer compared to Kenwood?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/compare_items.php?imageField.x=57&imageField.y=13&product_ids=17964,11763,17768&hide_highlights=yes&hide_similar_features=&remove_products[]=17964

ps- keep in mind I also got speakers to pay for and stuff, haha so under $200 is what im HOPEFULLY looking into.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I love the layout of the jvc's even though theyre not the best. pioneer anything is complete junk imo if you dont get the premier line. I had an alpine, it had an overheating issue. never liked kenwood. so... I guess I'll say jvc lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.