Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Cooper weathermaster st/2's.

You won't regret it. I live in nova Scotia so I know snow.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Toyo not a bad choice either but more money.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The general altimax are supposed to be really good too

·
Registered
46 Posts
Toyo has the all new Celsius tires. They suppose to be all season but a lot better on winter conditions then the regular AS and good in summer time. You get a 60k tire warranty so they should really go all year round without problems.

Everybody talks highly about them around my shop, and the price is not that bad. From my experience with Toyo tires, and what I see with the Celsius ones I would encourage everybody to take a close look at them. :)

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
Still sounds like a compromise to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I guess the best way to go is with summer tires / winter tires ( I see Michelin has one of the longest warranties and if the price is not a problem then seems like a no brainer ) on two different sets of wheels so you could just swap them and keep the summer wheels spotless .

But then again, is it worth it? Not in my opinion :D

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm running Michelin latitude touring tires on my escape. This will be the 3rd winter. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Considering where you live I would recommend buying 4 rims and have studded snows mounted and balanced on them. Save your summer tires for summer, and your good rims too. If all that is too pricy do what I did. Buy 4 snow tires with less aggressive tread. Or buy 4 more aggressive all season tires. Mount them on your current rims and run them all year. I have noticed that less aggressive tires designated for snow have very similar tread patterns to the more aggressive A.S. tires. However the true snow tire will generally have a softer tread compound for better traction but shorter tread life. Check out Walmart and Sam's Club for good deals. I live in NY near the Canadian border and have driven thru 47 winters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.