Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some extra money now and have figured out that the cobalt handles nothing like my old Z26 did, so whats my options? will shocks and struts out of a SS swap right in and not cause problems? or is there aftermarket struts and shocks? i need something that wont cause problems with the steering or anything... your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
want my opinion, buy a better cobalt, lol

The LS is a true econobox car, and doesnt have much for handling, but if you wanna keep the LS, i do believe these parts are on order:

*tires/wheels
*springs
*shocks
*struts
*strut tower bars

all decently cheaper mods, if you are talking higher budget, maybe redo the entire suspension system(but wait, didnt i already point out all the components other than sway bars????)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need a website or something to look at this stuff, and i already got rims and tires... im keeping the LS because i want the gas mileage, but i want to make it not seem like a boat about to overturn when i corner. will the SS suspension swap over no problem?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i doubt it, it may, but i do believe the platforms for suspension are different between the two

D

·
0 Posts
To start out I'd go with a strut bar. It will really stiffen your steering and allow you to corner better, but your rear will still feel like it "floats." I'd then get a rear sway bar. Turbo Tech Racing is about to release one. That should really help your steering become more neutral, however, if you want more I'd then install the front sway bar from the SS/SC into your car. Then look at lowering springs. Some LS owners have switched to SS/SC springs. Koni also offers some shocks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i doubt it, it may, but i do believe the platforms for suspension are different between the two
they will fit... just shorter struts and springsthat are stiffer/shorter....

·
Registered
768 Posts
To start out I'd go with a strut bar. It will really stiffen your steering and allow you to corner better, but your rear will still feel like it "floats." I'd then get a rear sway bar. Turbo Tech Racing is about to release one. That should really help your steering become more neutral, however, if you want more I'd then install the front sway bar from the SS/SC into your car. Then look at lowering springs. Some LS owners have switched to SS/SC springs. Koni also offers some shocks.
X2 on everything he said

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Anti-roll kit from eibach FTW

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well the best thing I did was repalce the whole suspension. Struts, shocks and front sway bar from the SS/SC swap over. There is a whole assortment of springs to choose from depending on how low you want to go and how much you want to spend. check out the signature for the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You could always just try to "drive better"... I have to say it handles pretty well around all of the curvy little backroads I drive... But I'll be doing all of this eventually anyway...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.