Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jacksonville, AR. How bout you finns? i do want to say though that it is ok to go to walmart sometimes people. There are some of us there that actually care and do the work as if it were our own vehicle we are workin on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pulaskit Technical college. its a 2 year technical school here in central arkansas. the aviation program is great, and a lot less money than bigger schools like spartan. hopefully when its all done i'll leave with a&p license and an associates degree in aviation maintenance.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If you choose to pursue an education past asociates make sure that school is accredited by the PROPER agencies. I just left a city where they have an A&P program and they are only accredited by some votech agency and one other, dealing the results of another votech that trains for A&P and well I wont say anything else for now.
I had soliders at the one take classes and try to convert them over to states school and were refused any credit due to lack of proper accreditation. Also knew people that went to Rhema Bible College in Broken Arrow, OK; $13K later and they cant transfer any of that education because of lack of accreditation.
Check them out now, before its too late, email Universtiy of Ark or another big college and see if credits transfer. College is like a product, you get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update of this, got it fixed at a local garage for $55.00. Used 4 qts oil going 1/2 mile. Wal Mart is still denying all wrong and saying that since I took it to another place that they would not pay for any repairs.
But, they dont know me.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
at least it wasn't too much to fix eh. I say you go in and just say you're gonna call head office and file a formal complaint against them. most places give in at that point cause they get in s*** if anyone makes a complaint

·
Registered
135 Posts
I took my last car to Walmart TLE a couple times for an oil change and never had any issues. Some are actually intelligent. My Cobalt will not be touched by anyone but me or someone that I know I can trust when it comes to any kind of work, unless it's a warranty claim. Otherwise, oil changes, air filter changes, spark plugs, hell even washer fluid will not be filled by anyone but me.

I let someone change the timing belt in my Neon a couple years ago and he handed me the old parts and a handful of bolts. The only reason I trusted him was because his brother owned a Neon and he had done this a few times. I didn't have to pay him because I was doing work for my father-in-law and he took care of it because it was one of his guys. The car never broke down, but I had to find out where all the bolts went. Ever since then, I won't let anyone else do any kind of tedious work.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i take my car to my ex-bosses husband. he has worked on cars all his life and he has tons of tools. he does every thing to my car. here recently he replaced my cv axle.. only charged me 50 dollars compared to 242 that the dealer wanted.

but best advice is take it to either a dealer, a trusted person that knows what they are doing or do it your self

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I am fighting with their insurance now, not local people. I also filed with the BBB, Alabama consumer affairs division and the Army post consumer affairs. If that comes up dry, so far all damages fall under the amount to file in the local magistrate court.
I am also getting that car marker stuff that youcan use to write on cars"safely" amnd going to become a mobile billboard. I am painting the truck next year anyway.
They shot a bear with a .22 when the did this to me. I do fell a little better, people said that at least my truck didnt catch on fire like one of their mistakes did, 1/2 mile out of the bay.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That is true, i always do my own once the warranty is up. But as the first post says, my apt complex does not allow any maintenance to be done in the parking lot. I still do stuff that does not involve fluids, so there is no evidence. But there is HUGE evidence of the Wal Mart screw up now. I have to get that cleaned up also.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.